3. Pride of America
I booked my own excursions, independent of NCL. Was very happy with my choices. We took this cruise as it was the only one that did island cruise. Since it was, they could overcharge for everything. Inflated prices for such things as water and laundry. (No self-serve laundry). Food was terrible. Dining room understaffed and we were rushed though our meals - sometimes finishing within 30 minutes. Specialty dining filled up quickly. The entertainment was very good. Show venues had plenty of seating. Embarkation easy, but cabins were not ready for occupancy for 4 to 5 additional hours. Cabins very tiny. I inadvertently left my wallet in the safe and, although I discovered this within an hour of leaving ship, I was unable to retrieve it. On hold for guest services for 45+ minutes and was told that any found items were destroyed. So I had to cancel credit cards and freeze my credit and order new medicare and insurance cards.

Ports were good.

Pride of America Cruise Review by vvshahn

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
I booked my own excursions, independent of NCL. Was very happy with my choices.

The entertainment was very good. Show venues had plenty of seating.

vvshahn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9152
Very small. Had a good cabin steward but he had too many cabins to attend to, as did all of them. Extremely understaffed.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins