3. Mariner of the Seas
Pathetic Food, very disapponted - All Snacks, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were absolutely with no taste and complete waste!!! There is not much Food options available for Vegetarians and Jain people. In their 24 hr room service, you can only get Cheese Pizza and French Fries (2 options only) repeated every single day, and repeated for Lunch, Snacks and Dinner all times. Imagine how can you have same thing, all times, all 3 days? We dont drink alcohol and so we ended up paying a charge for each mineral water bottle to be USD 5.84 i.e. appx SGD 8. No water bottle offered free. People who drink get packages, in which they get free water. It seemed to me that this cruise was meant only for people who eat Non-Vegetarian food with multiple food choices for them, and only for people who drink Alcohol. Speaking of my specific family, we are Indian Vegetarians, who doesn't eat Onion, Garlic and Mushrooms. We are not Jain, i.e. we can eat potatoes, carrot, ginger, etc.. its just onion, garlic and mushrooms that we don't eat. We are called "Vaishnavs" or what Mumbai people typically name us as 'Half-Jains'. I booked my cruise trip 2 months earlier than the sail date, dropped email describing my food requirements, called up customer care at least 2 times to add this note to my booking, and to my surprise, the 1st day itself in the Windjammer cafe, we had to go around hunting for our food, asking several supervisors who had no clue about our requirement. They rushed and prepared only 1 Dal and 1 Vegetable, and asked us to take Rice from Buffet...that's it...that was the lunch offered to us. The dinner at the Main dining room in Deck 5 was pathetic, with absolute no taste. The taste of the food was very bland, I asked the waiter who cooked this food, he mentioned the chef was an Indian, so it seems like this Indian Chef didn't know how to cook Indian food, which is supposed to be very spicy and flavored, not really BLAND. The taste of food was absolutely like you have it in any Hospital in India. Further, none of the food kept at Windjammer Cafe had proper tagging on it, whether they are veg/ non-veg (no green/ red mark), whether they have egg/ eggless, neither the Veg food was kept separate...I saw the WOK used to take out deserts that contain egg was mixed up with 1 eggless desert and when I highlighted this to the waiter, he immediately replaced the WOK, no care taken. For cleaning tables in the Windjammer cafe, I saw the supervisor himself calling the waiter twice, who did not seem to be interested in doing his job, and just rubbed the cloth on the table which was still very dirty. There were NO Deserts offered for vegetarians, all containing eggs. There was just 1 small eggless cake offered, which after eating we felt vomiting. When I called the Operator to tell her why there are not much food options available for Jain/ Vegetarians, she mentioned that she doesn't know much about this, and I should go and talk with Supervisors on the Cafe. The supervisors were good, at least they arranged something to make sure we did not starve. However, the breakfast that we got was plain upma and dosa on 2 separate days. The lunch and dinner were only Rice, Dal, Roti with Bland taste. No papad. No pickle. No Paneer starters that you would normally get in any Veg frestaurants. So much disappointing!!!

This Cruise is Not Meant for Vegetarians, Jain or Vaishnavs

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by pracheerk

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Asia

pracheerk’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Room was just ok, although our stateroom had a blocked view from balcony, it wasn't bad either...chkout my pics for balconey to get an idea
  Mariner of the Seas Deck Plans