Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

No, not this ship and maybe not Princess

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Loki_77573

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: South America

Somehow I have managed to delete my very long review twice so I'll just make is a short as possible.

Herded like cattle at embarkation.

No bath towels for two days because they could not discharge gray water. So my arrival was a surprise to them.

Could not enjoy the expensive aft balcony as it smelled like rotting food garbage the whole 19 days. Could not enjoy the aft view because it would heat up the room and the thermostat was a dummy as it controlled nothing.

I made a video of a white face cloth turning brown as I ran the water from the sink onto it.

Do not waste your money on a coffee card. Just because they have a great machine and people that hold the title of baristas does not mean they can make a coffee worth drinking. I never thought I would dream of even getting a McDonnald's cup of coffee. There was not a brewed cup on this ship and the true burn is we were sailing Brazil! And don't even waste your time with the old guy. You could tell they never pressed the grounds and you never heard them having to knock them out.

19 days and the same gelato flavors every day. The only variety was in what order would they place them in the display and which ones would be too soft to be good.

The food was boring and pretty much flavorless but the excitement was to try and find which food was at the correct temp. or had not set out too long. The off temp thing happened in the MDR also.

We had a contest with other passengers to see who would be the first to find a piece of crab in the crab cakes. No one won. Not even fake crab was to be found.

They served me rare PORK! Yes, seared on the edges and looked almost like tuna. Last time I would put my health in their hands.

The headliners were the same that I have seen before, the same act, the same songs, the same jokes, and I have only been on Princess four times in the last 2 1/2 years.

Booked shore excursions on their computer.

Public restrooms were few on this ship and always seem to have at least one out of order. There was alway a problem either with the water not working or out of soap. In general, they were not maintained properly and did not seem to be a priority and they certainly should be to keep the ship healthy.

Why was it that the guests were expected to make way for the crew in the halls, the public areas and especially the stairways? Don't they have their own stairs?

Very few happy people on this ship which influenced the passenger's attitudes. Or it was predetermined as I overheard at check in that the ship was full of old people that feel entitled. My next three sailings I have booked this year are not with Princess because I am entitled. Entitled to what I paid for and the standards set by other Princess ships and others in the cruise industry.

Front desk personnel were nice and helpful. There was no way to get in touch with them other than standing in line as they had their phone number disconnected all 19 days.

Actually, the phone worked for room service, the stateroom attendant, and medical emergency only.

The steak house was completely forgettable, nothing special but the price.

The security department was wonderful, friendly, smiling all the while doing their diligent duties.

Julio Delgado the Port Lecturer, was wonderful and very informative.

The Cruise Director David Garcia was the best I've ever encountered, hands down. He is articulate, intelligent, entertaining without impersonating a high school cheerleader.

Nano Prado the piano player and entertainer extraordinaire was truly captivation to all as he sang in Italian, Spanish, and English all the songs one would expect to hear at a piano bar.

Mariano Bujacich Tango was mesmerizing. They needed more seating as people wanted to stay and listen to them until they were finished, not a stroll around and listen.

Loki_77573's Full Rating Summary

Buenos Aires

So how can I rate an excursion that I did not take? I don't but the prompt will not allow me to go further.

Loki_77573