3. Carnival Ecstasy
I chose this cruise because it lined up with spring break and was a decent price when we got it. There are 4 of us, 2 18's and 22, 25. We drove to the port and didn't book any excursions because they sold out. Good think we didn't though because it was cold when we got there and the excursions would have taken up 3 of the 7 hours we could be there. Nassau was cute, plenty of people trying to sell you things and trying to get you to do this or that. Make sure to shop around before you settle, especially on restaurants. We had one guy walk us to a restaurant and he gets paid for bringing people but when we got there the food was stupid expensive but we fell into the trap of being obligated to stay because of that guy. Embarkation was really quick and smooth once you got passed the line of cars as you first get there. We arrived at our time but I didn't know that we would be waiting an hour in the car waiting to drop off luggage and park our car (never been on a cruise). disembarkation was smooth too for the most part. If you are on a lower level you have to wait for all the other higher levels to get off the boat first before you can. The more rich you are the sooner you can get off the boat- we were only one floor above the exit and they wouldn't let us go down on the elevator (doors locked to go down the stairs) so we went up to the one evacuating and went down from there. the service. The staff is really friendly and helpful to your face or when serving you but when they disappear- they disappear. When ordering bottled water (only way you can get it) I was waiting on the line for at least ten minutes. I ordered twice throughout the trip and it happened each time. One time the line just went dead and I had to call back and wait longer. The dinners are like a restaurant, you have a server and can choose to sit alone or with others. Apparently sitting with fewer people mean quicker service. Only my partner and I attended dinner together and sat alone. From the moment we sat down to the end when we got our check (ordered a drink) or finished out dessert the whole process took 2 hours- every time! The first time I was expecting it because it was the first dinner and no one knows what they're doing so chaos= time, no big deal. The second dinner it was the captain's dinner when everyone dresses up so I had the same thought process- no big deal. By the third dinner I was very irritated and just asked for everything to go, only to still wait two hours and leave at the same time as our neighbors. We didn't go for the fourth dinner. I don't think it was the wait staff that was the problem because when we asked for our check from two other waiters they said we had to wait for our server and that he was in line waiting for another tables food- like in an amusement park. So with the boat being so old I figured they had a really small kitchen. We were lucky to see our server in between courses. The food was mediocre and under seasoned- understandable since everything was probably mass made and with allergies and sensitivities it would be hard to cater to everything. The drinking package is absolutely stupid expensive. Forcing you to buy every day, even on the only day you were at the bahamas and the day you docked (on ship barely half a day). we thought about buying it but because it was forced every day at $50 per person in the room (21+) we didn't. we drank as much as we wanted (kind of) and was still under the $400 price of the package for our room. what stopped me from drinking more was the drinks were weak for the price plus mandatory 15% gratuity. every $10 drink would have one shot or two if you wanted to drop another $3. all the drinks tasted the same and by the last day they gave me straight up oj and vodka because they were out of everything else. It may have been worth it if we drank 15 drinks a day but on the two half days drinking that much in a short time frame would just give me a sugary hangover. The pool area was so overcrowded that people were laying on the floor and there was no point in even trying to get in the pool or enjoy the sun without risking being stepped on. The entertainment was okay, some comedians just not funny or borderline too harsh in their jokes. With the other shows the boat was still so crowded I couldn't bring myself to go to half of them because of massive crowds. The second day at sea (on the way home) we all stayed in our room the entire time with nothing to do just to escape the crowd or smoke from the casino and feebly watched our tv go from black and white to color often enough to give us a head ache. Aside from the shows there was a small room with board games you could play and then the smoke filled casino, other than that there was nothing to do for adults except drink when it was too cold to go above deck (the entire trip).

Not enough staff

aeluna’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E r180
room was what I expected, a large closet. we had a"king" size bed that was two twins pushed together and a pull out bed above the head and above the foot of the bed. I can't tell you how many times I hit my head. bathroom was sufficient for our needs but only one person at a time unless one is in the shower and another on the toilet! Best part was how dark the room could get and you couldn't hear too much outside the room. this made for an awesome space to nap.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Charleston
    Once you arrive be prepared to wait in your car for an hour before you unload your luggage and can park. Make sure your bags are already tagged and it will go faster. Get all your paperwork and passports out at this time.
    View All 247 Charleston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Charleston Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Nassau was cute, plenty of people trying to sell you things and trying to get you to do this or that. Make sure to shop around before you settle, especially on restaurants. We had one guy walk us to a restaurant and he gets paid for bringing people but when we got there the food was stupid expensive but we fell into the trap of being obligated to stay because of that guy. Don't go too far into the island because there is nothing there besides a rum distillery- however, if you get the sampler from it you get like 3-4 shots and they are strong!
    View All 5,876 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews