3. Marco Polo
I wanted to take the opportunity to go down the river Amazon and visit some of the Caribbean islands. I stayed in a B & B in Bristol the night before embarkation. Managed to have a look round Bristol (my first time there) must go back for a few days sometime soon. The embarkation was a bit of a nightmare, having arrived as requested at 4.00 pm we were herded into a hanger and it took several hours before we were called. However, once on board found our cabin and luggage arrived soon after. The dining was 'free seating' which is not to my liking but this only happened on a few occasions. The ship may have looked a little worn round the edges but it was perfectly serviceable and kept scrupulously clean, staff were constantly cleaning. My inside cabin was at the pointy end and so I felt every bump and swell but fortunately I quite liked that. We had a problem with the shower and it was remedied within an hour or so. Similarly the sink leaked and a new waste was fitted the next day. Dining - I have very fond memories of the food, I ate far too much but it was hard not to. there was a very good selection of food at every sitting. You would be hard put to go hungry. I did not try any of the entertainment so cannot comment. The ports and shore excursions were well planned and when disembarkation was problematic because of shore difficulties the crew always came up trumps by making steps to add to the jetty or boats, nothing was too much for them. Drinks on board were very reasonable. Best thing that made the cruise pleasurable were the staff.

Amazing Amazon and Cool Caribbean

Marco Polo Cruise Review by Patrick Ahmed

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

I did not try any of the entertainment so cannot comment.

Drinks on board were very reasonable.

Best thing that made the cruise pleasurable were the staff.
Patrick Ahmed’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Marco Polo price drops

I liked it, what more can I say.
  Marco Polo Deck Plans