3. Norwegian Epic
We really loved NCL's Epic. It is huge. We had an accessible mini-suite which was huge and so comfortable. The balcony was extra-large too. It had two chairs plus a lounge chair. In fact, one day when it was very windy and cloudy, I sat on the lounge chair reading and catching rays. There is so much to do on this ship. Entertainment, restaurants, and just plain fun. The Svedka Ice Bar is so worth the cost. It was $28/per (includes taxes and gratuities). You get two drinks but best of all you get to spend a freezing half hour in one of only 18 ice bars and the only ice bar on the ocean. It was very a lot of fun. Everything (other than floor and ceiling) is made of ice. It was 11 degrees fahrenheit when we were there. At night, everything is wiped down with vodka because it doesn't freeze and it makes everything smooth. The ice sculpture, chairs and bar are replaced every 8 months and they come from Orlando. If you go, wear long pants and closed toe shoes, but definitely go. We ate at Cagney's Steakhouse, La Cucina, and Tepenyaki. All were very good. Cagney's was probably my favorite. The only negative was how disorganized the shore excursions were. We did two planned shore excursions and both starting times were pushed back several hours. This meant less time on the beach for us and this was very disappointing. Also, the meeting place and time was very unorganized also. It didn't really seem that anyone knew what they were doing. You also had to have tender reservations which is fine but some people had to have the tender reservations in order to get off the ship to get to their shore excursion and assumed that their reservation was included in shore excursion. There were many, many unhappy people at guest services on those days. We later found out that the ship was short staffed. Regardless, all of the staff were so friendly and fun that it really made up for that. All in all, we really had a great time and would cruise on the Epic again.

Epic Vacation

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by fordja628

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

All in all, we really had a great time and would cruise on the Epic again.
fordja628’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD 8189
Great cabin. Very large. I had a scooter and a wheelchair. I could completely turn the scooter around in the cabin without backing up. The balcony was awesome; very large. I would want to get this cabin again if possible.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cozumel
    I love Cozumel. We decided to just jump in a cab and go to the beach. We went to Carlos and Charlies. It was a great day. We bought a bucket of beer and four people ate for around $50. We were able to use their beach chairs and umbrella. The beach is sandy and was beautiful. Snorkeling was not great (to nonexistent) here but everyone else in my party wanted a sandy beach. It was a great beach day.
    View All 6,790 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Was a great excursion. There is a reef just feet from the shore which was great for snorkeling. I saw a small barracuda while snorkeling. The water is pretty rocky when you just get in to take a dip but it is manageable. The food was good. There were roosters and hens around the perimeter of the place which was cool. We also saw large iguanas. Was a fun day. Would definitely do it again.
  • Great Stirrup Cay
    The day started out windy and cloudy but it quickly cleared up. The food was excellent. Snorkeling here was on par with Cozumel. There are two large rocks and I went out past the rocks. There are lots of hidden reefs for great snorkeling. I ran into a large sea turtle and swam with it for about 1/2 hour. That was so cool.

I loved this place. Don't stay on the ship. Get an early tender time and go enjoy a beautiful, beautiful beach. Take your snorkel gear with you too!
    View All 1,173 Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Great Stirrup Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    This excursion was delayed 1-1/2 hours. This was disappointing. We didn't get to the beach until around 1:30. You go with a "guide" and she takes you to your chairs and brings food and drinks to you while you are there. Our guide was Abigail. She was new but she was great. I felt sorry for them because they ran their butts off for us. If you do this, be sure to tip your guide. The beach is a slope so it was hard to walk up and down but it was so worth it to get in the water. It was absolutely beautiful. It did get deep very fast but the current wasn't too horrible.

The food was not very good at all. We were served rum punch, local beer and mojitos. The rum punch was all rum. I didn't like it. It was too strong for me. Luckily I took a bottle of water with me. I'm sure some people liked it though.

It was an OK day. Not sure if I would do it again. Next time, I would probably find Margaritaville close to the port and just hang on their beach.
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Port is fine. I don't like the distance from the airport to the cruise port.
    View All 2,176 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews