3. Marella Discovery
My wife and I plus two good friends cruised for the first time March 2017. I was impressed and cannot complain although there were a couple of little niggles which I will mention Later. We had a Balcony cabin on deck 6 which was more than adequate for our needs and it was lovely being able to step out on to the balcony first thing in the morning. Initially we ate in the Islands restaurant until we discovered the 47* restaurant so 12 out of the 14 nights we ate there and it was super the staff could not do any more for us and we picked the same table every evening which made our experience even better and enjoyable, we had a laugh with the Jobert and Tunin our waiters who were fantastic and the food was delicious and varied. In the Atrium where we used to gravitate to most evenings we were waited on by Suharitini and Silvia plus Theresa and again there attitude and efficiency was wonderful we had a great time in there company and again they looked after us very well. Entertainment was not our thing but different turns were put on in the Atrium and for us it was just really background stuff not really taking a lot of notice until one evening Nikki one of the Thomson crown came on and knocked the socks off everyone else who had appeared and even grabbed our attention. The one night we went to a show and watched Johnny Casson (Comedian) absolutely brilliant and we are still laughing now. Excursions not bad but well over priced a better deal could be had on shore. I had signed up to the walk on the sea bed at Aruba only to be asked at the eleventh hour to sign a disclaimer which I knew about but did not know what the questions were going to be, having read the disclaimer I had to tick two boxes re conditions I had at the time, because I had ticked these the form asked me to provide a doctors signature, "how on earth can I get my doctor to sign that all is ok in the middle of the Caribbean". After a lot of who arring I was given a letter stating I will be refunded (still waiting). Niggle 1. Bottled water was charged for WHY! lifes most fundamental thing yet booze was coming out your ears I find this very odd indeed. Niggle 2. Did not find the destinations team that helpful especially with regards my cancelled trip and our friends too had concerns about their attitude. Other than this did we enjoy our trip yes we did will we go again without question YES.

First Timer

Marella Discovery Cruise Review by Patch23

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

Patch23’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery price drops

More than adequate for our needs.