3. Vision of the Seas
We chose RC because we have been with them before and they were excellent. This ship has passed its sell by date. The sun loungers are old and some of them broken. As always they have signs prohibiting you from reserving chairs and leaving them unoccupied for more than 30 minutes, and restricting the 9th floor pool to adults only but these rules were not implemented although there were " security guards" . You can tell the age of the ship around the window frames and the cabins are nothing special. We didn't have cold water it was warm and very unpleasant to clean your teeth wth.They tried to fix it but they couldn't because some where along the line the hot water pipes were touching the cold water pipes. If you wanted shower gel YOU had to ask for it. Maid very nice and pleasant. The dining room was good and the service was EXCELLENT thanks to George and Julius 4th Floor table 190. The food was good although portions on the small side. Wines VERY expensive silly prices, however three days into the cruise , bottles of wine were offered at 60% reduction and you could take them to the dining room if you wished! The entertainment was ok but it reminded me of Butlins. Service on board overall was very good, however if you go to the Gym the guy that was supposed to be looking after us spent more time with the entertainment manager than helping us the paying guests! We stopped at a place called Khasab - what a waste of time nothing to see or do. The majority of fellow passengers lasted 5 minutes in this place before returning to the ship. Oman, Muscat two days in this place was too long as after you have seen the Grand Mosque and few other bits there was no much to do, in my opinion. Abu Dhabi to be honest with you I can't remember much about the place. The service charge at 18% is far too high, but having said that, the staff believe it or not if they have a drink they also have to pay yes you guessed 18%. I don't know how true this is but I was told by a few members of the staff that the prepaid gratuities are going to Head Office in Miami and if they are lucky they might get 20% of the share. This was the first time I have come across on a cruise that if you wish to dine in other restaurants you have to pay considerable $$$$. There is a cash ATM that dispenses only $$$ they charge you $6.50 per transaction plus what ever rate of exchange they apply. Would I recommend this cruise NO!

Very tired ship should be retired!

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Otit

The entertainment was ok but it reminded me of Butlins.

Would I recommend this cruise NO!
Otit’s Full Rating Summary