Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

One of the best travel experiences of my life!!! Magical and surreal!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by GlamorousGirl

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

With the exception of port wait times, which were the fault of US Customs, not Princess, our cruise couldn't get much more perfect. This was our first cruise - and now I am hooked for life. We did the Vow Renewal Deluxe Package and it was incredible. The staff on board was absolutely amazing. We just returned and I'm dying to go another cruise already. The two ports were great fun; particularly enjoyed the Puerto Plata tour at Amber Cove and the Horseback Ride & Swim at Grand Turk. Grand Turk is a fantastic port - great beach right at the dock and live Caribbean music as well as good shopping. Puerto Plata is colorful and colonial, could not give my camera a break! Live entertainment on board was fairly good - that was one area they could have possibly done better. Crown Grill did not live up to my expectations, but the main dining room was better than I expected. All in all, however, this cruise experience was thrilling and I would give the Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean cruise my absolute highest recommendation to anyone. The ship is beautiful, customer service was great, and the ports were breathtaking!

GlamorousGirl's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Cabin was adequate size-wise. Bathroom had excellent lighting for applying makeup and plenty of shelves for storage. Shower had great water pressure and temperature. Bed was extremely comfortable.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

I was not impressed with Fort Lauderdale. I would prefer to sail out of a different port in the future. The city is too spread out, and the hotels that I know of as being convenient to get to the port are no where near the tourist destinations in town, so we ended up spending the whole night in the hotel room, which I wasn't thrilled with either. Will choose another port if I have the option.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Took the Puerto Plata with Lunch tour, and it was amazing. Puerto Plata is colorful, colonial, cultural, authentic, and fun! Enjoyed the cigar factory (free samples!) Lunch activity was touristic and tacky but the stew was delicious. Rum samples were also available and very good - ended up purchasing a bottle I wasn't planning on, as well as cigars and beautiful crafts. Would definitely return here; great port for excursions. If you go independent maybe not so much - didn't see a whole lot to do at the port without a tour.

City Tour

Stopped at an interesting museum that had a shipwreck exhibit. Stopped at a beautiful church. Wasn't crazy about the tour guide. Rum sampling was fun. Saw a lot of the island, but was not interesting enough to want to book the same tour again.

View All 51 City Tour Reviews
Horseback Tour

Horseback Ride and swim was a thrill! Staff was extremely helpful and patient with people who were brand new to horseback riding. Beaches were beautiful, and ride was tremendous fun, especially in the water. Water was only about waist high, so you do not need to know how to swim to participate.

View All 21 Horseback Tour Reviews