3. Grandeur of the Seas
We booked this because we need to cruise out of Baltimore only. We had the 9-night trip, and I was worried I would get bored with two cruising days on both ends. No way! It was an awesome trip. Our only previous trip was on a Disney cruise, and the friendliness of the Grandeur of the Seas staff beat Disney. I would approach a door in my wheelchair and any employee in sight was always there ahead of me to push the button to open the door, even though I could easily do it myself. If you were stopped in a hall, anyone going by would ask if you needed any help finding something. For the service alone, I overlooked other flaws such as the wear and tear on the ship. However, after the current cruise it is going for refurbishment, and will be spiffied up. I felt that everything was VERY clean. There are sanitizer stations everywhere, and the public bathrooms were always kept clean. We had a handicap room on deck 2 which was very roomy with more storage than we needed. Food was varied and tasty. We bought a meal plan for four specialty restaurants, and we would not do that again. While the food and service were very good, I enjoyed the food in the dining room just as much. The headliner on the last night was AWFUL. His jokes were either not funny or I had already heard them. The other entertainment was a nice mix of musical shows, comedians, magic and a juggler, some much better than others. I had plenty of places to sit quietly on the ship. We enjoyed it so much we are taking our children for the 12 night Christmas cruise, and booked next spring for ourselves again. I was able to get everywhere I wanted in my wheelchair, and there were accessible bathrooms throughout the ship. My handicap room had a roll-in shower with a chair and there was plenty of room to maneuver in the room. A few things on the buffet in the Windjammer were too high for me to see, but there was always a crew member right there who would offer help.

Relaxing Trip

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Harveymart

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

I had plenty of places to sit quietly on the ship.

Harveymart’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Clean with plenty of storage. Our steward was wonderful.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans