3. Crown Princess
Where to begin? The embarkation was easy and pleasant. I loved Rome and traveled to the ship by myself from termini station..it was only a couple euros for a one way train ticket. My husband and I opted for anytime dining thinking this would give us more flexibility. The dining service was slipshod at best and disgusting at worst. The waitstaff seemed untrained and were entirely unreliable. Coffee was brought after dinner only if we asked a few times and after 10 or 15 minutes the cream might or might not arrive. The food was a ghastly mix of microwaved fare. A T.V. dinner would have been better then that slop the served us. The buffet food was decent but rather bland and predictable. One day they had sushi which was a nice treat. The main reason we took the cruise was because of Pompeii and Herculaneum. We both love ancient history and could not wait to wonder through the ruins. The over priced excursion to Herculaneum consisted of a rushed trip through the ruins and then on to a cheesy cameo factory for an hour or two. We were given the hard sell on these over priced trinkets but refused to buy anything. I would strongly advise anyone considering this trip to book their own excursions or you will end up in a cameo factory. We felt so cheated and disgusted. One the ship days the chaise hogs arrived in the early morning hours to stake their claims. The would drop a book or towel and then wander off for hours. We complained but it was to no avail. The entertainment was so horrendous that it was simply unbelievable....like some bad high school musical gone awry. None of it was professional in any capacity and unbearable unless you were drunk or in a coma. I could go on and on but I wont..just grateful to disembark (which went very smoothly) and get off that ship! This was truly the worst cruise imaginable. This was my third Princess cruise but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to mention the enrichment guy on board. He was the bright spot of the trip. Every cruise ship should have such a person. He was filled with information on all the ports and available at the dock for questions when we went ashore.

A cruise to the gates of hell and back

Crown Princess Cruise Review by midgetinker

We felt so cheated and disgusted.
midgetinker’s Full Rating Summary