• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin:
Cuverville Island, Errera Channel, Antarctica
A stunning iceberg archway a

I recently completed an Antarctic adventure by Quark Expeditions aboard the Ocean Endeavor. Our trip to Antarctica was unforgettable; it truly is the last slightly untouched, unspoiled, except for the effects of global warming, place in the world. We booked our trip through a specialty agency specializing in adventure trips and they were able to answer a lot of questions to insure this was the correct trip. I had numerous questions about my physical ability to do the trip, as I am not 30 something years old. They answered my questions to the point that I was reasonable assured that I could physically “do” the trip and enjoy it. For me at least, this is a very (insanely?) expensive trip. However, Antarctica has been one place that I have wanted to see for 30 plus years and realized if I did not go now, I would never see and experience it.

The basic itinerary:

1. Travel from home to Buenos Aires, Argentina – This was independent portion of trip or not included in trip fees.

Cabin Single

It was small, however, we only used it for sleeping, changing clothes, and showers. It was near the center of the ship and near the "Mud Room" great for excursions. Being low and near the ships center, it had less rocking and rolling crossing the Drake Passage. Great!

26 Helpful Votes