3. Norwegian Breakaway
I chose this cruise because it was convenient out of NYC and was a newer ship with good reviews. This was my 13th cruise - I've been on carnival, holland america, royal carribean and norweigan before. I had a nice time on my cruise but was bored at times. They nickel and dime you for everything. I had the ultimate beverage package but still had trouble just getting a soda. they do not give out soda cans but in glasses from fountain. Any soda from our fridge we would get charged for and also with bottled water. They also tried selling lottery tickets every time in the casino. I found most penny slot machines were expensive to use - minimum of .50 cents for each game. We ate most of the time in the dining rooms which were just ok. Never saw shrimp cocktail for appetizers a lot of soup and salads for appetizers. main dishes included fried chicken, steak, pasta dishes etc. nothing special. only decent dessert in main dining room was the chocolate lava cake. Buffet was always crowded - rude people - breakfast in buffet was same every day. nothing spectacular but adequate enough. was hard to get chocolate milk daily. Ship is huge but also had a ton of rooms for guests - had to walk so far to our stateroom. Way too many people on the ship. the few shows they would have in the atrium was always too crowded no where to sit. Rock of ages show was awesome - that was the highlight of our cruise - it was great. Didn't see Burn the Floor but that was the only 2 main shows they had for the week. we did see Second City for adults and thought it was stupid. couldn't use any jacuzzis because they were always filled with teenagers. our interior stateroom was good adequate enough except there wasn't really anywhere to put underwear, socks etc - no drawers. During sea days not much to do but casino. They had a painting class I wanted to do but cost $35 so I said forget it. They had the usual bingo games which was way too crowded. Overall it was ok. just too many people and not enough to do during the day - we are in our early 40s not big partiers but would have liked to do more stuff. we ended up renting movies ($10) a few times in a room and relaxed. The service and staff were amazing on this ship I must say. We booked the JFK space center in Port canaveral - not enough time to see everything and we found it boring. not worth $100 a piece.

Not as good as other cruises I've been on

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by crissiedonaldson1974

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom

we did see Second City for adults and thought it was stupid.

couldn't use any jacuzzis because they were always filled with teenagers.

The service and staff were amazing on this ship I must say.

crissiedonaldson1974’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 14215
it was ok - no drawers though
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins