Zaandam Cruise Review

Zaandam Cruise Review by dejadestin

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Suite

I wanted to go to South America and wanted to see Penquins. The cruise was extraordinary. Even though we missed one port due to weather I still got to see the penquins in Falkland Islands.It was awesome. I visited 4 countries and really got to experience the culture and life in each country. I had booked private tours and it made the tours very personal. It was also half the cost of the ship tours. The weather this time of year is unpredictable. We had rainy weather from Valparasio to Ushuaia. If you want to see penguins I recommend you book tours to see them in more than one port. The temperature is around 47F.

Tours for tips are offered in both cities. We finished in Buenos Aires. I recommend if you have a late flight take the transfer from the ship and the tour they offer.(only tour booked through the ship)

WE were very pleased with Holland America. Disappointed in the WiFi. It was very slow. Used most of my minutes trying to up load pictures. I quit trying.

Disappointed I could never get hot toast for breakfast, even in the dining room. In general the food was good but not superior. Great service and very friendly staff. Entertainment in the theater was superior.

I would recommend this cruise to anyone that wants to see the penquins and experience the culture in four countries.

dejadestin's Full Rating Summary

Verandah Suite
Cabin BB 7078

Great cabin Port side. Roomy, Clean

Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego)

Great tour with a group of 15. Very informative guide with good english,

Puerto Montt

Tour with group of 15. Guide was very interesting, spoke good english, and passed photos around

Day on a Gaucha Farm. Horse Back Riding, wine, empanadas , BBQ lunch, tango show Horse show.

Great Day

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Santiago (Valparaiso)

Andrea was a great guide in Valparasio. Just pay tips

I had a personal friend show us around in Santiago.

There is a tour for tips in Santiago

dejadestin