3. Ruby Princess
This was my first real cruise and I was very impressed! The ship was sparkling clean, far nicer than any upscale hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was truly wonderful! They seemed to really enjoy their jobs and interacting with passengers. Even though this is NOT a warm weather cruise, we were lucky with the weather and there was so much to do on the ship and on the Princess Tours. I would highly recommend this trip. Most passengers seemed to be middle aged and older, only a few kids . I went with a local group of about 50 seniors from my home in Arizona. We bused in and embarkation went smoothly. Disembarkation was push and shove by the port authority people in Los Angeles. Not too nice. One couple got lost and we had to search for them. The dining was wonderful everywhere. We ate at the Botticelli Restaurant and food was superb as was the staff! Everywhere we got a snack was great. I went to the Lotus Spa and they did a good job on manicure,pedicure and hair styling. Just watch though they want to sell you UMPTEEN products. Very nice though. The service everywhere was top knotch!! I took a Princess excursion in San Francisco, Sta Barbara.(city and trolley tours). In San Diego we went to the San Diego Zoo. Ensenada was a city tour and the La Bulfadora. All tours were excellent. The Ensenada one was about 30min. too short. Not really time to eat there as we discovered. I would definitely recommend this trip. Since I grew up in California I,myself would probably not go on this particular trip again, but I have already booked a 15day Panama Canal Cruise for next year! Cant Wait!

Fantastic Trip!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by phillmonica

phillmonica’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB C508
I believe I had an IB cabin. It was C508 on deck 10 Caribe. Although interior, it was very spacious with lots of storage. Extremely clean and they send in the maid 2x per day. I always had plenty of clean towels and toiletries replaced. They have a large wardrobe with plenty of hangers and drawers and shelves everywhere. Comes with either 2 single or pushed together as queen bed. MOST COMFORTABLE BED ever! I wanted to take it home! There is a safe and a room fridge. TV up high facing bed. There is a desk with chair and 2 night stands. Plenty of light, also. Even carpet seemed very clean. I would not even bother getting a window cabin. If I could have spent more a balcony would be nice, but the weather was pretty cool for that.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    This was a city tour. We went to the downtown and saw what I believe was once a fancy saloon /hotel in the prohibition era.
    Enjoyed the tour of it and story about a little girl ghost who is said to play there. We then drove to La Bulfadora(Blowhole). Very beautiful view and interesting.

Now for the negative! Not Princess fault just a warning- You have to run a gauntlet of vendors and little shops on the way to and from the blowhole. Just junk and very aggressive(they do take no for an answer though) . Our main problem was that we only had about 55minutes there and after walking to and from the Blowhole and stopping there, we wanted to order their famous"Fish Tacos". Only had 15minutes to eat and couldnt finish, no time!
    View All 24 City Tour Reviews
  • San Diego Zoo
    We had bus to and from ship and zoo. Very nice, funny driver. Pointed out highlights. We were on our own at the zoo. I grew up in Los Angeles, so this was the only tour I wanted. Hadnt been here in 20years. Lots of fun!~
    View All 14 San Diego Zoo Reviews
  • City Tour
    very good. We spent about 4 hours seeing downtown, SF, Golden Gate park, Twin Peaks etc. Very interesting and we were lucky only started to rain the last half hour.After all it was March!
    View All 30 City Tour Reviews