3. Grand Celebration
We fell for the a timeshare gig giving us a few days in Ft. Lauderdale, a few days of cruising and a few days at Light House Point in Ft. Lacia. This cruise boat took us too and from the Bahamas and was adequate. For our family of 5 with 2 teens and 1 - 9 year old there was very little to do, other than the typical ping pong and bags tossing. The teen club consisted of pay for play video/arcade games. The pools were clean, but very small. There was a play area that included a shallow pool for toddler, although they advertise for kids less than age 12. I'd say less than age 6 myself. Adult activities were ok if you like to casinos. Some entertainment out by the main pool each afternoon while folks are boarding and the boat is departing. Evening shows were short, but average I'd say. The comedian was fabulous!! Wish there was a 2 hour show just with him! The music was SOOOO loud we could no understand our waitress when we arrived as well as the language barrier we wound up with instead of 1 beer, a whole bucket of beer. With drinks for each of us and the bucket of beer along with the service up charge our first round of drinks totaled $97.94. Just crazy!! Very expensive drinks both alcohol and others, won't allow you to bring your own. Lots of extra fees and are PER PERSON (we had 5) - Cruise terminal fee of $1, Wait staff service fee $25.90, in addition to the 18% service fee/upcharge for each of any thing we purchased on the boat which were just drinks for us, fuel surcharge $9, "Shore excursions" or the transportation to/from the boat from our resort, valet parking at the terminal was $18 per day. I do have to say the ocean view rooms were basic but very clean and nice. The shower had great water pressure and was very relaxing. We booked 2 rooms as they had no rooms to accommodate the 5 of us. I booked this package back in August of 2016 and was told I was one of the first to do so. I requested a higher floor in the center of the boat with side by side or across the hallway from each other as one was for the kids and one was for us. When we checked in were were 2 floors apart and they would not change it for us. That was very upsetting to me as it was promised when I booked the trip. I wanted to be close to our teens. Our 9 year old daughter really enjoyed her kids club, spent about 3-4 hours there each trip. Overall, a smaller outdated boat. Food was fair at best at the buffet. Juice, tea and water was included in all inclusive only. Few family/teen activities. We would not book this cruise line again.

So MANY extra FEES on top of advertised price!! Not worth it for our family.

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by atkinsoj

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
BPSocialTeam, Social Media Team @Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has responded
Hello, Hello atkinsoj, Thank you for joining us aboard the Grand Celebration and for taking the time to leave a review. We hope you will consider sailing with us again through a direct booking. There is no time share presentation when booking direct nor fuel surcharge. In addition, when booked directly we can better ensure your cabins are together. I am glad to hear your daughter enjoyed the kid’s club. Our recommended age for the kids pool is up to 6. Best Wishes, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
atkinsoj’s Full Rating Summary