Viking Sea Cruise Review
1,339 Reviews

Viking Proves It's Self, Again!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by kraubens

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

My husband and I took the Grand European River Cruise in May 2014 and loved it. When Viking announced they would be offering ocean cruises we knew we would book one soon!

We explored Venice on our own before disembarkation. It was very simple to access the ship via water taxi from the Hotel Metropole steps from St. Mark's Square.

The cabin was spacey and always meticulous cleaned. Our stewards were attentive and accommodated our every request.

Dining was superb. The choice of specialty restaurants was very impressive. Viking was able to accommodate our restaurant reservations and even able to adjust a reservation when we met another couple we wanted to dine with.

Every evening there was live entertainment on board. The variety was excellent and there was ample seating. The entertainers also interacted with passengers when they were not on stage.

I can't say enough about the service. We felt like we were the only passengers aboard the way we were treated. Excellent, excellent, excellent servers. Personable, knowledgeable, educated and very helpful with advice on different ports!

Everything is organized and there is no confusion about shore excursions, departure times, return times, meeting places and guides. Guides were knowledgeable and English was never an issue.

We did not travel with children and we will be taking more Viking Tours in the future. I recently was on a trip to South Africa and met a number of people who have taken Viking Tours with similar reviews and people who I will be referring to Viking through the referral program!!!!

kraubens's Full Rating Summary

Archeological Museum

Gave us information about the Parthenon and the relatively new museum.

View All 65 Archeological Museum Reviews
Culinary Tour

Food was excellent.....Greek food is my favorite. Entertainment was beyond expectation!!!!!

View All 4 Culinary Tour Reviews
Oia Village

Absolutely breathtaking walking tour of picturesque Oia!!!!!

View All 255 Oia Village Reviews
Prehistoric Museum

The most unbelievable excavation I have ever seen!!!

View All 18 Prehistoric Museum Reviews
Walking Tour

Our guide took us all around the walled city and showed us little sights we may not have picked up on our own.

View All 44 Walking Tour Reviews
City Tour

Dubrovnik was exquisite. We had ample time after our tour to wander the city on our own!!!!

View All 134 City Tour Reviews