3. Radiance of the Seas
We've now traveled on 5 different cruise lines and thought Royal would be our home line, but they've disappointed us both our last 2 cruises. Start with the good. -Our room steward was great, they always work so hard. -Our waitstaff were very good. -Absolutely loved the ports in New Zealand! Every port in New Zealand had volunteers in port and around town helping to make sure you got where you wanted to go. Free shuttles into the towns, were great, way to make folks feel welcome New Zealand. I'd love to go back there! -Dunedin train trip was fantastic with beautiful scenery, great volunteers that go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your day. The lunch and wine were very nice!!! -In every port there were nice places to shop minus the multitude of junk shops and ship sponsored jewelry shops. And, really nice places for lunch or dessert! And talk about great fresh seafood, yum! - Best cruise directer ever! Bad, All are policy issue that I'm sure are management directed. 1.) Please stop pestering us at every single meal to buy water, buy the wine deal, the champagne meal, the drink deal, the specialty dinning, the chef deal, tour deal, sparking water, lunch deals, pictures, pictures, again with a lower priced meal deal, everyday it was something more. Very, very annoying!!! In every nook and cranny they came pestering you about more. 2.) Extremely harassing picture folks in your way through the halls, blocking the stairs, blocking the entrance to the dinning room to the point that I felt rude just trying to get from one place to another. They went so that they would take hold of your arm to stop you even after you said no thank you. Calling after you if you walk by, I mean yelling down the hall "hey you". 3.) More and more venues outside the dining room pestering you to buy their services to the point that I was uncomfortable walking by. 4.) The ship needed a good cleaning, it was very dusty in the public areas. The beautiful wall of windows outside the champagne bar were never wash through out the trip to the point that you could barely see out them. 5.) Our bathroom in our cabin was in need of minor repair, but it gave the feel of a 2 star motel, this could not be handled by the steward. 6.) This was the least entertaining of entertainment on any cruise. Several were very good, but centrium entertainment very very repetitive and extremely loud even on the upper levels you couldn't get away from it. I used to love Royal, but we'll go elsewhere even after diamond. Very sad.

To bad so sad about changes in Royal

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by PG13

Start with the good.

-Our room steward was great, they always work so hard.

-Our waitstaff were very good.

- Best cruise directer ever!

Bad,

All are policy issue that I'm sure are management directed.

I used to love Royal, but we'll go elsewhere even after diamond.

Very sad.