3. Azamara Quest
We recently sailed on the March 10th sailing of the Quest. We chose this ship for a couple of reasons, #1, the itinerary - 6 Caribbean ports, 4 of which were new to us and the #2 reason is that we have sailed RCCL several times and were Emerald level. The ship is very nice, we knew the veranda cabin would be smaller than we had recently experienced, but while it was compact, all our things fit very nicely with room to spare. We met several people that were Azamara enthusiasts, so we were looking forward to this cruise. We didn't really experience the WOW service that everyone seems to rave about. We had some awesome service and then not so great service - it seemed very hit or miss. Our cabin steward falls in the awesome category, Erwin, was just wonderful. The casino bartender Inyoman was amazing as well. Knew our names every day, etc etc. We had to sit on the top deck the first day since all the deck chairs were full or "saved" by 9:00 am, and we received very poor service up there. A couple of people said - "they won't come up here" and I was like why not? If the chairs are full downstairs and we are sent to Siberia, they should come up here. Well, we got a pool attendant up there and his comment to me was - "I can't keep coming up here" I couldn't believe it. We did receive great service from the Windows/Patio manager, who had a meal prepared for us because we messed up on the times the buffet was open. That was wonderful. We enjoyed the drink package - didn't find anything to complain about the wine, the drinks on the package, etc. While it was top shelf - it was certainly fine with us. We did the like package while onboard which gave us a bit of an upgraded drink package with the unlimited internet and the shore excursions. We did 2 excursions - one was AWFUL and one was great. The awful one was in Guadaloupe - the tour guide was either drunk, or just plain did not have a command of the English language because he kept repeating the same 6 phrases for a solid hour. It was excruciating. We ended up laughing about it along with our other fellow passengers, but it was definitely not worth $100. I would imagine there were complaints. 2nd excursion was in St Maarten - had a wonderful tour guide, funny, informative, had a wonderful beach day with lunch. 4 1/2 hour excursion for $75.00 - well worth it. I wanted to love this experience. We loved the small atmosphere of the ship - while the service was hit or miss, it was really good overall. I liked the laundry facility which we used twice, the cabin was sufficient, but the huge disappointment was the food. I can honestly say that the food on our many RCCL cruises was either better or just as good. The choices were limited. We had filet just ONE night on an 11 day cruise. We have sailed Oceania/Riveria twice and the food was amazing. This was average or below average. We met some new friends and ate dinner with them one night and her comment on her fish was that it looked like her hair curlers. I asked her how it was and she commented "deplorable" . She had sailed the Journey previously and she said the food was entirely different. I know Oceania is supposed to have the best food at sea and from my experience it does, and I had hoped I had found my forever line with Azamara, but the sub par food is a deal breaker for me.

Great cruise, awful food

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by katykrol

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Hello katykrol, I'm sorry the food was sub-par to your expectations. I do hope you'll give us another chance sometime in the future. Thank you for writing a cruise review. We appreciate it.
katykrol’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Cabin was compact, but everything fit- one thing is the balcony is small and the table out there is way too big - it was hard getting around it
  Azamara Quest Deck Plans