• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Queen Victoria Review

Editor Rating
28 Awards

Elegant ship let down by the food

Review for Queen Victoria to Around the World
anniekins
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2017
Cabin: Balcony

The itinerary appealed to me and the time of year was perfect. I was led to believe that Cunard were an upmarket company but several things were not up to standard. Having sailed on several ships with companies as diverse as Thompson, Fred Olsen, MSC, Royal Caribbean, P and O, Princess,Holland America and Azamara I would place Cunard somewhere in the middle.

My cabin was fine with an amazing cabin stewardess ( the best I have ever encountered) but the food in the main dining room was very poor. The descriptions on the menu bore no resemblance to the food presented which was barely enough to feed a sparrow and usually tasteless and sometimes actually inedible. The food in the buffet was marginally better but we could always fill up on salad and fruit. The waiters were at times rude and at best indifferent.

The daily schedule was often inaccurate and on the evening before we were due to arrive in Sydney we were advised that tomorrow on our arrival in Papeete we would not need to carry our passports. This caused a lot of confusion. On one day the date was wrong.

Balcony

Cabin BF

Very good cabin with a good size balcony. Cabin stewardess Marian wea excellent. Good plumbing.

Port Reviews