3. Norwegian Spirit
We chose this cruise because we had never been to Morocco, the Canary Islands or Madeira. The ship and crew were fine but having paid up front for the Ultimate Drinks Package and Gratuities I was amazed to find if I ordered a tea or coffee in a restaurant or cafe I had to pay for it. If that wasn't bad enough the stupidity of charging for a coffee but NOT an Irish Coffee beggars belief. Want a bottle of water? $7!! Internet, $1 a minute or £30 a day! When I wanted to acquire some more cash I was told there was a ten dollar standing charge! The cabin with a balcony was rather small and I doubt some really large people could even get into the toilet. Very little storage space apart from a large wardrobe. Though it had a coffee percolator we Brits like our tea and for a proper brew you need BOILING water which was not available either in the cabin or the Buffet Restaurant. The food in the Buffet Restaurant was okay and was excellent in the restaurants, except for the Italian, I did not think anyone could mess up Lasagna but they did. Drinks were incredibly expensive so I was glad we had paid up front but imagine my surprise and disgust when having paid Gratuities up front there was a place on all my bills for EXTRA TIPS!! The entertainment was not bad but certainly not great, far too Continental for our taste and charging $10 for a game of Bingo is "Having a laugh"! The trips out were fine and we enjoyed all four. However just to put the "Tin Hat" on the "Bug Bears" the bus taking us to the airport to go home parked at least half a mile from Terminal Twp at Barcelona. Will I cruise again? Well if Ocean Village were still going "Yes" but I will not be cruising with NCL again, all they seemed to want to do was squeeze a bit more money out of us, everywhere we went there was someone wanting to take our photo, at $25 a go we declined. All minor things I suppose but far too many to forgive.

Far too many minor "bug bears".

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by RELEE

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

All minor things I suppose but far too many to forgive.
RELEE’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10630
Too small in almost every way apart from the bed and the wardrobe.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins