3. Queen Elizabeth
I was on the Queen Elizabeth just before Christmas. Embarkation was excellent. However nobody greeted you on the ship and no welcome drink. I found the cabin and it was ok. Had a wander around the ship and it is a stunning looking ship. Headed to the Lido deck for a damp sail away and was given a flag to wave for the filming of the ships dvd and the crew tried to get the music system to work but the speakers had feed back through nearly every song and a crew member shouting at us to look happy and wave our flags, no live band so less than a one star sail away. only stayed a few minutes and left to go to the Lido for evening meal. Lido food was poor both in quality and selection, same selection every day. if you like cold meats or salad great but anything else was one star. this applied to breakfast lunch and evening meal all through the cruise and why is the buffet split in half with some food in one room and other food in another? a very strange layout. the bar staff throughout the ship are 5 star and so are the musicians through out the ship but they are one of the only 5 star things on the ship. the theatre is nice but no drinks served, guest acts were all 5 star but I would not give 1 star to the dancers as no story to what they did and as for the singers it was just torture to listen to the one cunard singer who could not sing and shouted to drown out the other singers. Afternoon tea was nice with a little music but the waiters were less than 1 star, ask what the sandwiches are and you would get rolled eyes a sigh and a briefly mumbled description of each filling, Officers and front desk were just rude, very rarely would you see an officer and if you did they would not speak and one I met a few times walked fast down the corridor not speaking and getting everyone to move out of his way. on the third occasion I decided to play chicken as being built like a overweight rugby player I thought he might move but no I side stepped at the last second to avoid crashing into him as no way was he going to move for anyone. seems Cunard officers have no manners. We were told to keep our tv tuned to a channel to hear announcements from the bridge and you might as well as the channels are awful and the only good channels are not in English, strange for a totally British experience ship you get foreign tv, foreign power sockets (only 1 British 4 foreign) and pay in dollars?? on one day I had the t.v. on and was getting ready to go out from the ship and heard announcements about medical emergency on deck 5 etc then left to go to the lift I entered the lift pressed for the lower floor to disembark and held onto the handrail in the corner as I don't like lifts having claustrophobia, its a good job I did as the lights went out and the lift dropped then stopped suddenly then dropped again then stopped suddenly and a sign in the darkness said leave car immediately, how are you meant to get out of a car in the dark with the doors shut?? I found the phone and a voice shouted at me are you crew I said no and the lift moved and the doors opened, no sorry or are you all right. later found out it was a drill and announcements had been made in public areas not to use the lifts but not in cabins so I went to front desk and complained and was shouted at for not hearing the announcement and using the lift. if I had not been holding the rail tight I would have fallen and hurt myself I dread to think what would have happened to some of the more elderly passengers, the drill was done at the time the trips were due to leave and therefore stranding many elderly passengers who could not get from the top of the ship to the queens room to catch a shore excursion so if you want to hear safety announcements I suggest you sleep and live only in public areas, don't complain as you will be shouted at in public, but my main suggestion is to sail on a different ship. I complained to Cunard on getting back and they sent me a small hamper that failed to arrive till I complained again. A great ship ruined, such a shame. p.s my family were on the cruise before and said it was just the same.

one star cunard

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Alaska_addict

I was on the Queen Elizabeth just before Christmas.

Embarkation was excellent.

However nobody greeted you on the ship and no welcome drink.

I found the cabin and it was ok.

Had a wander around the ship and it is a stunning looking ship.

A great ship ruined, such a shame.

p.s my family were on the cruise before and said it was just the same.
Alaska_addict’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

• Whale Watching
    great fun sailing and seeing dolphins and pilot whales
    View All 2 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Loro Park
    Great day at Loro park.
    lovely day and fantastic shows.
    time was very limited.
    other cruise lines had seats reserved at the shows and a tour guide to show them around and make sure they got to see all the shows and all the park, we were just dropped at the gate and picked up outside the gate later.
    View All 14 Loro Park Reviews