Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by Accolite2

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Master Suite

We wanted to try this new ship as we heard it was very luxurious. We have sailed previously on other Regent ships and had enjoyable cruises with some minor lapses in service and excursions. On this particular cruise in the Caribbean we had visited all of the ports previously and were not interested in taking any of the free excursions (bus rides). In fact we did not even get off the ship in St. Barts as we felt this Island to be a total rip off. The Service in all of the restaurants was substandard with many of the Ukrainian staff unfamiliar on how to serve and clear. On our first night we ate in Prime 7, the steak house. I wanted to order the Dover Sole and asked the server if he could filet same and remove the bones. His reply, " I don't know how". I then ordered a steak and saved the Dover Sole for the next night in the main dining room, Compass Rose, where it was filleted properly. In the French restaurant I ordered the cheese course. The Ukrainian waitress cut off huge chunks of cheese from the Cheese Trolley, way too much, and then asked me if I wanted salt and pepper on my selection. The above are only two almost comical instances of the unprofessionalism of the serving staff. Service was hit or miss, depending on the luck of the draw as over sixty new untrained crew arrived the same day we departed Miami. Our Suite on deck 12 forward, 1206, was fine except for the wind noise which we heard on some nights when the seas were rough. Also, interior doors in the walk in closet and bathrooms would open and close by themselves. Our Butler was outstanding and couldn't do enough for us. One of the lecturers on Cuba gave us erroneous information on Meyer Lansky. I informed afterwards as I had first hand knowledge.

Accolite2's Full Rating Summary

Master Suite
Cabin MS 1207

Well stocked bar. Wines were of low quality unless you wanted to buy from the premium list. Cold water in bathrooms sinks was luke warm.

Barbados

We did not take any excursions and explored on our own.

St. Barts

We did not get off the ship here as we know a rip off from prior visits.

Accolite2