Dawn Princess Cruise Review

Dawn Princess Cruise Review by RosieCanberra

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was a last minute bargain, two night cruise from Sydney to Brisbane. The ship was going on for another forty nights through Asia so about 700 were only on until Brisbane.

I expected to find a ship in need of some TLC as it is to be rebranded into a P&O Australia ship in coming months but the ship was in surprisingly good condition.

We had a good time and good weather, although we did get a bit of rain during our sail out from Sydney Harbour. Food and service was good, we had fixed dining 7.45pm table for six. We were alone the first night, and joined by another couple the second. We didn't mind, the dining room was half-empty. There was no anytime dining on the ship, only two set times, I think the other was 5.45pm.

Wines prices were OK, we bought a bottle of Semiliion Sauvignon Blanc for around $28 so not bad. We had most meals in the main dining room, and one breakfast (disembarkation day) in the Buffet. I rarely choose the buffet on any ship so I was quite surprised by how good it was and the servers were excellent, bringing cups of juice and coffee and clearing away plates promptly. Food was great too.

Entertainment on Princess is always good, we attended all the trivia sessions and one show. Casino was ok but nothing special. Nice ship overall, with great public spaces (especially the Vista Lounge, I hope this survives the refit). I am looking forward to sailing on this ship again when it becomes P&O Explorer.

RosieCanberra's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BC A406

Good cabin, near lifts but not noisy. Basic balcony and bathroom.

RosieCanberra