3. Carnival Glory
My wife and I chose this cruise mainly because we were traveling to Florida to spend some time with our daughter and my wife's sister who live in the Ft. Lauderdale area but still wanted to work in a cruise. We also were looking forward to the visits to Cozumel and Belize. The Swine Flu changed all that. But we had never been to the ports on the new itinerary so we went anyway. We drove from Colorado to Fla. visiting friends and family along the way. We stayed at the Radisson hotel on Cape Canaveral. We spent two nights there prior to the cruise. Excellent hotel - we left our car there for the week of the cruise and they shuttled to and from the cruise terminal. The day prior to the cruise we spent at Cape Kennedy. A really special place. Embarkation was a breeze - no problems or delays at all. "Glory" is a beautiful ship. This was our seventh cruise and she was probably the smoothest sailing vessel we have traveled on, I can't think of a negative thing to say about her. We booked an inside cabin on Riviera deck. The room was as expected for an inside cabin. It was clean, comfortable and adequate. Service was excellent throughout the cruise. Our cabin steward and our head waiter in the dining room along with his assistant were very pleasant, helpful and efficient. We dined one night in the specialty restaurant and found it to be worth the added cost. Very pleasant staff. Dining in the main dining room was very enjoyable. We were seated with three other couples in the same age range and their company made dinner something to look forward too. We were well satisfied with the quality and variety of food in every venue from dining room, lido buffet to the self serve ice cream stations. Entertainment was excellent as well. The ship entertainment staff were talented the production numbers were well produced. The outside entertainers brought aboard were also very good. My wife and I don't participate in a lot of onboard activities but for those who do there seemed to be plenty to do and those who did appeared to have a great time. On Grand Turk we didn't do a shore excursion. We just walked around the pool and shopping area next to the pier. In Ocho Rios we took the shore excursion to Dunn's River Falls. This is a must see in Ocho Rios. At Grand Cayman we took the shore excursion to the beach and the Turtle Farm. The Turtle farm was very interesting and made for a relaxing time. Disembarkation was as smooth and uneventful as embarkation. To summarize, our Caribbean cruise on "Glory" was more than worth it. Good ship, good staff, good food, good entertainment, and interesting places to visit. Another memorable cruise. This was our first cruise on Carnival and I can recommend Carnival to anyone considering a cruise to where they sail.

Fully Satisfied

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tickleus

Embarkation was a breeze - no problems or delays at all.
Disembarkation was as smooth and uneventful as embarkation.
tickleus’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Glory price drops

We were in inside cabin #1250 on Riviera deck on Carnival Glory. It was standard fare. Adequate with no complaints.
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans