3. Oasis of the Seas
I was very disappointed in the food. The taste and quality was below average in my opinion. I never used a salt shaker more than I did on this trip. The beef was tough, the lamb was overdone and fatty, the salads were totally water logged, the dressings were tasteless and watered down, the lobster was dry and tough, the vegetables were boring, tasteless and repetitive and the escargots were made with fake butter, as were the cake and cupcake frostings, which were not made with real butter either. The first night we ordered filet mignon in the dining room for an extra $20, and it had to be sent back 3 times. We ordered medium rare, and we got it raw once and rare on the second attempt, and then the third time, they said they would have to split it open and grill it on the inside. Well this isn't really filet mignon, if you are going to butterfly it and put it on the grill. How can they not get the right temperature on a medium rare filet mignon? 3 times and still no luck. This was the reason I decided not to try any of the specialty restaurants. I certainly didn't want to pay top dollar for this kind of food. The cabin is dated and could use an update. The pillows offered are thin and hard, but thank goodness, I could get feather pillows. The cabin and bathroom are very small, compared to other comparable ships. You can't even bend down in the shower and I'm only 5'5". There is no paper or pen in the cabin, which I found very odd and it was a big deal to get some. The room however, is quite efficient and has ample storage space. It would be nice if there were bathrobes in the room. The room is very noisy in the boardwalk balconies, but this is what I expected. It didn’t bother us, but I am sure it would bother some, particularly those that go to sleep early. Internet was excellent. Well priced, reliable and fast. The shows were good, with the ice show being our favorite. Very professional with exquisite costumes. The shops are very typical with the same overpriced items on sale for 50% and 75% off. The items are not even worth 75% off in the first place. Who do they think they are fooling? The Labadee port is nothing but commercialism. The local salespeople in the flea market are extremely pushy. They also start with prices way out of whack, and then come down to ridiculous mark downs. I wanted one item which started at $40, and I got it for $10. Probably could have gotten it for less, but wanted the guy to make a living. But why start at $40? Same concept as the ship's stores I suppose. The barbecue on the island was pathetic. I took one bite out of the hamburger and spit it out. The texture was total mush. It was very weird, over processed meat. The mac and cheese, same thing. Took one bite and spit it out. No cheese. No flavor. No salt. Just one soggy, wet, mushy, overcooked, tasteless bite of macaroni, and it hit the garbage quickly. Totally inedible food. I didn’t think it could get worse than on the ship, but it did on the island barbecue. The food in the Park Cake was also terrible. They have the same hot sandwich every day with some tough cut of beef. You get one slice on a hard roll, with a spoonful of gravy soaked into the bread. The ready-made sandwiches of tuna, egg salad, etc., are all tasteless, very tasteless, and they are sitting on bread that has soaked up all the water from the lettuce and filling, and it's totally water logged. Again, one bite, and into the garbage it went. The pre-purchased coke package is a good deal, but there are very few coke machines on board and they are not that easy to find. Johnny Rockets is the same pretty well, as any other Johnny Rockets. The service was very good. The candy store is very good with very fresh candy. The cruise Director Patricio is excellent. A real professional with a great sense of humor, lots of knowledge, experience and very efficient and personable. Everything ran like clockwork when it came to timetables, shows, games, activities, etc. Karaoke was fun in the On Air lounge. The Luggage Valet system is excellent, except the boarding passes they print are not accepted at the airport. Security turned me away as they don't scan on their system, and sent me back to a kiosk to print new boarding passes. While this was a huge waste of time, it was still excellent that I didn’t have to handle my luggage myself at all. Overall, we liked the ship and the service. The food was bad. The entertainment was good. The cabin was sufficient. The crew was great. We will not be back however, as food is very important to us when traveling, particularly on a cruise.

Cruise Good - Food Bad

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by peoplewhoneedpeople

Internet was excellent. Well priced, reliable and fast.

peoplewhoneedpeople’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

The cabin is in a great location. There is no one on one side of you. The balcony overlooks the boardwalk, and you also see the AquaTheater and ocean off the back of the ship. It is also very close to the elevators, without being too close, since the ship is so big, and the walk could be very long otherwise. The cabin is dated and could use an update. The pillows offered are thin and hard, but thank goodness, I could get feather pillows. The cabin and bathroom are very small, compared to other comparable ships. You can't even bend down in the shower and I'm only 5'5". The sink is also extremely low and very small. There is no paper or pen in the cabin, which I found very odd and it was a big deal to get some. The room however, is quite efficient and has ample storage space. It would be nice if there were bathrobes in the room. The room is very noisy in the boardwalk balconies, but this is what I expected. It didn’t bother us, but I am sure it would bother some, particularly those that go to sleep early. Our cabin steward Yohannes was excellent.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans