• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Carnival Dream Review

Editor Rating
1934 reviews
7 Awards

It was as expected, not good or bad

Review for Carnival Dream to the Western Caribbean
Skippy in Colorado
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin:

A group of friends traveled on the Carnival Dream March 5-12. It was a varied group of past cruisers and newbies. This was my second cruise, the previous was 5 years ago. Please let me preface this by saying that I'm not a big fan of cruises, I have nothing against them, just not my style of vacation, but went along with the group.

Embarkation - A bit of a train wreck. The gangway at the Port of New Orleans was broken. This caused a slow down in getting the people off the ship and delayed us, about 3 1/2 hours of standing in line. Not a great start, but it wasn't Carnivals fault, it just happens.

Room - Balcony, 11th deck - nice size, clean, a bit dated but overall quite functional.

Cabin 11th deck, balcony

Ample size for two people. Clean and simple. We didn't spend a great deal of time in our room, but hte balcony was very nice for morning coffee.

Port Reviews

New Orleans

New Orleans is always fun, so much to see and do. We went to the World War II museum, always excellent, but plan the whole day, there is alot to see.

Montego Bay

Took a cab ride/tour around the the town and ended up at the beach club. Not terribly interesting but an inexpensive way to see the area. The beach was nice, but very touristy and busy due to the cruise ship traffic.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Took a cab to 7 mile beach. A great day of sun and water. As much or as little as you would like to do. Very clean and friendly island.

Cozumel

I have been going to Cozumel since the late 80's, it's as much or as little as you would like it to be. Always fun. We went to the beaches of the far side of the island, a bit breezy but nice.

Find a Carnival Dream Cruise from $369