3. Norwegian Getaway
This was my 7th NCL cruise after traveling on Carnival, RCL and Celebrity. I find the NCL a very good value and a great cruise line if you have kids. The food is very good and we really enjoy all the comedians. They always give us a great laugh. We love the shows they do in the Atrium especially Dancing with the Norwegian Stars which is always a lot of fun. Getting on the ship was very easy and fast. We stayed a few days ahead in Sunny Isles which always is a great idea. It makes the vacation start that much sooner and really adds to the feeling of being away. Getting off the ship was slower than most NCL ships but we weren't in a rush so we did not mind. The ports were very nice. The private island pools were beautiful. We really enjoyed the day there. We did not get off in Costa Maya but Cozumel and Hondorus we did private resorts which were great. Mr. Sanchos and Little French Key were both very nice and a very good value for the day. The kids had a great time. We were a large group of 20 with 10 of them being kids ranging in age from 6 to 15. They all had so much fun. The kids clubs for the little ones were great and the big ones loved the Entourage. There was plenty for them to do and they love the freedom to do it on their own. I had an issue with my booking where they did not apply the free dining and beverage to my reservation so my advice is to triple check everything you book and try your best to not have to use customer service either on the ship or once home because that is a very challenging situation and can stress you out for sure while you are on vacation! Other than that, I really enjoy the NCL ships. They are clean, staff is always very friendly and helpful and my kids always have an awesome time. When the kids are having fun the adults are having fun. You can't beat the free beverages, they are an awesome value and again take the stress out of what your vacation is going to cost.

Ship, food, ports were great. Great value for the money

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by tracyboura

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC
Always clean and had everything we needed.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins