3. Norwegian Getaway
As usual, we needed to get out of Daytona during Bike Week, this year the best deal turned out to be on the Getaway out of Miami. We loved the ports, three (Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya) being new to us, Cozumel we've seen before. We got to the Port of Miami right about the time we were assigned and only had about a twenty minute wait before we boarded. Unlike our last Norwegian cruise, we weren't allowed to go to our cabin to drop stuff off, but had to cart the carry ons around for a couple of hours. We loved the food in the specialty dining rooms -- we ate at the Teppanyaki, Moderno (Brazillian steakhouse) and Cagney's. The Tomahawk Rib Chop at Cagney's was amazing! Food in the main dining room was hit and miss -- good some nights, not so hot others (I actually filled out one of those comment cards on the last night of the cruise because the dinner entree was just awful.) I'm not a fan of the Norwegian buffet, for any meal, it's just kind of boring always the same stuff over and over. There's no good place for a quick snack, like Guy's Burgers on Carnival (they have Margaritaville, but that's an additional charge.) The entertainment is top notch, particularly "Million Dollar Quartet" and "Howl at the Moon" Dueling Pianos -- we were there every night those guys were playing, loads of fun! Saw "Burn the Floor" for the second time and it still doesn't make any sense, lol. Very talented dancers and singers, though. Servers, bartenders and other staff seemed less friendly than we've had on previous cruises, not sure what to attribute that to. Really appreciated Danny F. in the Spice H2O bar area -- I even filled out one of those "Hero of my cruise" cards for him. We only did one shore excursion, the animal sanctuary on Roatan, which was a lot of fun. There weren't many excursions on the Belize private island (not Belize City, a different port) so we just wandered around at sat on the beach for a bit before going back to the ship early -- we didn't appreciate having to pay for food and drinks on Norwegian's private island.

Nice cruise on the Getaway

adjensen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 10768
Nice cabin -- lots of convenient storage and it felt a little airier than one might think. Can't believe that a ship built in 2014 only has two outlets in the room, I'm thankful that I always carry a power strip with me. It's beyond stupid that the outlets lose power when you take your sail card out of the slot when you leave the room... I can see turning off the lights, but people want to charge their phones, computers, iPads, etc and they can't do that if the power goes out when they leave the room.

Be advised that the balconies on this ship are particularly tiny. Not a huge deal, but they are, literally, just wide enough to fit the chairs on them.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins