Viking Sea Cruise Review

Viking Sails A New Path

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Zhaslam

• Sail Date: Feb 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

This was my spouse and my second cruise aboard the Viking Sea in four months. We had such a wonderful time on the first cruise, we couldn't resist the promotion to take another. The Viking Sea is like a luxurious boutique hotel on the ocean. The ship's common areas are numerous and unmatched by any I've seen. The staterooms are nicely appointed and comfortable, with heated floors in the spacious bathrooms.

Customer service aboard the ship is incredible. And one of the advantages of sailing the same ship is you get to sail with many of the same crew and staff, with which you have already developed a relationship. It was somewhat of a comfortable reunion.

The itinerary of this particular cruise included stops in Valletta, Malta, Tunis, Tunisia, and Algiers, Algeria....exotic places I never thought I would visit. These ports of calls/excursions were very exciting and culturally enriching.

Other stops included Cagliari, Italy, Valencia, Spain, with disembarkation in Barcelona.

Although the Viking Sea is considered a small ship, accommodating a little over 900 guests, the number of quality entertainment options and activities are astounding.

Absolutely lovely cruise!

Zhaslam's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe Veranda 5081

Luxury comfort is how I describe our stateroom. Although this Deluxe Veranda Stateroom was a bit smaller than our previous Deluxe Veranda Stateroom, it was still comfortable. However, we will be sure our next Stateroom is at least as large as our first one.

Overview of Tunis, including walking tour of Mdina.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Valencia

Overview of Valencia, including walking tour of old town.

Zhaslam