3. Viking Sea
I chose the cruise because of the ports we visited. Unlike the previous cruise, we had perfect weather and could visit every port. Embarkation and disembarkation were the best I have ever experienced. Because the embarkation day was my 60th birthday, my daughter and I had dinner at the Chef's Table. A lovely experiences with good food and an attentive waiter. The birthday cake was delicious. Having a sea day following departure is great. It gave us time to explore the ship and relax. The Viking Sea is a beautiful vessel, well appointed, spacious and easily navigated. The food is very good to excellent. If you like unlimited King Crab legs and shrimp, visit the World Café. For great waffles and a cosy atmosphere, have breakfast at Mamsen's. The only dinner we had that was not impressive was at Manfredi's. Where all the other meals ranged between 7 to 10 (out of ten), Manfredi's would have been a 5. Service, like everywhere else, was good. Our cabin was 3068. It was comfortable and the stewards were friendly and helpful. We took some included shore excursions and some additional ones. The included excursions were good, except the one to Cagliari. We had to line up for the only toilet available in town, which meant a 25 minute delay to start our walk through the old town. This excursion is short to begin with. There were less than 20 minutes left to do some shopping. The excursion in Algiers to the Botanical Garden and the Basilica Notre Dame d'Afrique was great, but again a short stop at the souvenir shop in the garden would have pleased us and certainly have helped the vendor, who was watching us go by with a sad face. We had police escorts in Tunis and in Algiers and felt safe at all times. Malta was my favourite and I can highly recommend the excursion featuring a lecture by a Maltese Knight. My daughter loved Valencia, where we took the included excursion which was well organized and offered a free shuttle back to the ship, if one wanted to stay on after the tour was over. My daughter (26) and I enjoyed this cruise very much. We would recommend it without hesitation.

Great cruise - wonderful memories.

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Brigitte1957