3. Viking Sea
I chose this cruise because my first Viking Cruise was wonderful! And this one was too! Viking chose the perfect route for touring many different landscapes and cultures packed in 7-days. The Viking Sea was the perfect size ship. My group went early and stayed in Rome before the cruise. The hotel was exquisite. The transfer from the hotel to the ship was smooth and nice. Viking staff are always so courteous! There are only two things that I was dissatisfied with. The first in regards to the two-day extension. The point of booking the extension was to have a day devoted to touring Pompeii. Viking offered many tours on Sunday only, which wasn't one of the extension days. But due to Viking not making enough accommodations for all those who booked early, my group was forced to find a private company to pick us up at our hotel in Rome in order to see Pompeii. This was disappointing because Viking always takes care of us. Each day was like waking up on Christmas morning! Wondering what beautiful and culturally rich city and sites we would visit that day! Our only recommendation for change would be eliminating Algiers, Algeria from the itinerary. We did not feel safe in this city and our tour made no stops to shop. When your ship has to be surrounded by military police on the port and on the roof tops of surrounding buildings to protect the passengers on the ship from snipers or terrorists, it's time to find a different port city. In hind sight, we would have much rather spent a full-day in Cagliari, Sardinia and cruised around the back side of the island in substitute of Algiers. Or how about a full day in Barcelona instead? We also noticed Algiers made no preparations for our arrival to welcome us as they did in Tunisia. Tunis built a very nice castle inspired terminal filled with lovely, local vendors as we passed through. I bought a beautiful scarf in there. And the band inside the terminal played tradition Tunisian music that we absolutely loved! It set the atmosphere for that day. They provided camel rides by the ship, which I took advantage of! Algiers had nothing. Might I also add, these vendors were very nice and friendly. Unlike the vendors in the community of Sidi Bou Said. They were extremely hostile and forceful and I was hardly able to purchase a painting with out having to threaten getting the police to force the vendor to give me my change. I would tell the vendors to stop harassing their customers or there won't be any. Aside from these small unpleasantries, the cruise was like a dream. The staff always greeted us with a smile and always willing to help. The shore excursions were well organized and our guides were good. The ship stayed spotless! And the cuisine on board was superb! I'm already eyeing one of the Viking Cruises in the Caribbean. I also want to brag on the cruise director, Heather Clancy. She was very nice, articulate, professional, yet down to earth. Many times as we met on the ship, she stopped and took the time to chat with our group in such a lovely manner. We loved her! The size of the ship was perfect. It was never crowded. You would never know there were over 900 passengers on board. There was never a line at meal time. The views from the ship were beautiful! I will take another cruise and will recommend Viking to friends. Thank you, Viking!

The Mediterranean Dream

Viking Sea Cruise Review by TNtraveler72

TNtraveler72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

Our cabin was very nice. It was a good size for us. Plenty of closet space and we loved the balcony! The heated floors in the bathroom were very nice too. Jerry was our room concierge and he was very nice and helpful. There wasn't a bad room on the whole ship! We were part of a group of 18 that came from the same town. We loved the cashmere blanket on our bed so much we were disappointed it was available in the shop for purchase. Viking took care of every detail, which is so their style. Thank you for another wonderful cruise, Viking. We will be seeing you again.