3. Radiance of the Seas
We chose this cruise almost exclusively because of the itinerary. This was our 18th cruise, but only our second on RCL. Our first RCL cruise was in 2005. We hadn't been back to RCL since then because of a disappointing dining experience. Our 2005 evaluation was confirmed on this cruise. We had great service in the Cascades dining room, in the Schooner bar, and from our state room attendant. The service in the Windjammer was good, but not exceptional. In general, I found the quality of the entrées in the Cascades dining room to be poor. Meat entrées included "strip loin" (which I found to be very poor quality cut), a very inferior New York strip, a very disappointing pork loin, and a breaded Chicken Marsala - with no sauce. If you wanted a good quality New York strip or lobster tail in the Cascades dining room there was a significant up-charge. On at least one occasion I found myself ordering a vegetarian entrée, because there were no meat entrées that I trusted. Food in the Windjammer, was better (great hamburgers and hotdogs) but generally unremarkable, and repetitive. We experienced significant shore excursion disembarkation delays on two consecutive days. We found the ship to be in generally good shape considering it's 16 year old age - but a little tired in places. Most of the other guests with whom we struck up conversations were, like us, Celebrity and/or Princess fans who had chosen this cruise, only because of the itinerary. Disembarkation was probably the smoothest we have ever experienced. We had a great time, but the disappointing dining experience was a significant detracting factor.

Great service - Disappointing Food

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisevangelist

Disembarkation was probably the smoothest we have ever experienced.

cruisevangelist’s Full Rating Summary