3. Grandeur of the Seas
We choose this cruise because it left from Baltimore an easy 3 hour drive from Northeastern New Jersey. This was our third departure from Baltimore and it took less than one from hour from the parking lot to our cabin The ship is old and in need of a makeup,our cabin had old and scratched furniture and the mattress in the third bed left me with bad back.The age of the ship is evident although the crew does a great job in keeping it clean. We ate diner in the main dining room and while the quality was good there was little variety[to save money and force you into the for fee venues].The additional charge of $25.00 to $35.00 for filet mignon,Lobster or Surf & Turf was ridiculous.Only during the last 2 nites a special was offered for $8.00 for a Fillet Mignon and a glass of wine and it was good.Breakfast and lunch in the Windjamer Cafe was OK. Entertainment was good, specially the excellent Tango Show.Activities were almost non existing specially when we had the final 3 days at sea with nothing to do and a Cruise Director that came on the ship during our stop in Nassau and lacked energy.By contrast the first cruise director "Tornado from England"was energetic and great singer. The service was excellent in the cabin, the dining room and the Windjamer Cafe.The front desk was terrible specially the woman from Mauritus who acted like she was a supervisor [but when I asked another front desk employee to speak to a supervisor I was told that all of them are supervisors].I was charged for the use of a bottle of water when I tried to rinse my face and the water was cut off .Also when our daughter had to leave the ship in Orlando they made wait a long time and she almost missed her flight back home[Only when The Cruise Director "Tornado from England" got involved our daughter was able to disembark after paying $300.00 for a fee.The rep from the Crown & Anchor Society couldn`t help us either [she was busy selling future cruises] and got back to us. The ports were another sore point, Charleston is OK if you are interested into history and Colonial Buildings and also easy to visit [just walk off the ship and you are there].Pt Canaveral is OK too we went to Cocoa Beach [$13.00 with Uber] and went to the beach after the rain.Nassau was OK too,in the AM we walked to the main street where all the stores are and in the afternoon we walked to the beach.Freeport should be dropped as a port of call as it was damaged by a storm in October of 2016 and most oft he Resorts Beaches aren`t available,the taxis are in bad condition and the shopping was bad too.The ship didin`t stop at Cocoa Key [not safe for tendering] and it seems that they haven`t stopped here in a while.Royal Caribbean should tell the public that this stop is almost never made and skip Freeport . I am also surprised by the number of good reviews our cruise got as most of the passengers on this cruise were experienced cruisers.

After nearly 40 cruises this is the Worst One

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Tanito

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

Tanito’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2096
Old and worn out furniture,terrible mattress for the third bed
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans