• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Roll-in shower of cabin 7141 on Celebrity Summit. The fixed seat is on the
Ramp leading to balcony in wheelchair accessible cabin 7141 on Celebrity Su
Hard to see in photo, but bed was three inches lower than the seat of my wh

I sailed on the Celebrity Summit last week for the "Rock and Romance Cruise' which was a charter hosted by StarVista Live. I require a wheelchair accessible stateroom and I was not impressed with many of the aspects of our cabin.

The size of the room did not allow a comfortable amount of space for maneuvering my chair around the cabin. The bed was 3 inches lower than the height of my wheelchair seat (should be even) and thus, I was unable to get into or out of the bed without assistance each time (typically I can do this unassisted 100% of the time), the ramp leading to the balcony was blocked by the bed, so, again, I required assistance to access the ramp to get to the balcony.

Then, the roll-in shower in the bathroom--the fixed seat that I require to use in the shower was on the opposite wall from the water controls, thus requiring assistance each time I took a shower. I am an independent woman that prides myself on not needing much assistance from my husband or traveling companion, this cruise, because of this cabin, was very frustrating.

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

Cabin 2A

The decor was dated and in need of updating, the wheelchair accessibility was not good...ramp blocked by bed, bed level too low, not enough maneuvering room, and in the roll-in shower, the fixed seat was on the opposite wall, several feet away from the water controls requiring assistance each time I showered...Celebrity, you can do better than this!

Port Reviews

Key West

LOVE LOVE LOVE KEY WEST! Did not take an excursion here, just roamed around the cute town. Would love to come back and stay another time!

Cozumel

Signed up for the Wine and Chocolate tasting. The shore excursions desk on the Celebrity Summit advised us that there was 'no way' someone in a wheelchair could go on this excursion, so we cancelled. Our friends took the tour and came back to advise that there was 'no way' that we COULDN'T have taken the tour, that the vendor was more than ready, willing and able to accommodate a guest in a wheelchair. The Shore Excursions Desk needs some educating on the accessibility of the tours they are offering.

5 Helpful Votes