3. Celebrity Summit
I sailed on the Celebrity Summit last week for the "Rock and Romance Cruise' which was a charter hosted by StarVista Live. I require a wheelchair accessible stateroom and I was not impressed with many of the aspects of our cabin. The size of the room did not allow a comfortable amount of space for maneuvering my chair around the cabin. The bed was 3 inches lower than the height of my wheelchair seat (should be even) and thus, I was unable to get into or out of the bed without assistance each time (typically I can do this unassisted 100% of the time), the ramp leading to the balcony was blocked by the bed, so, again, I required assistance to access the ramp to get to the balcony. Then, the roll-in shower in the bathroom--the fixed seat that I require to use in the shower was on the opposite wall from the water controls, thus requiring assistance each time I took a shower. I am an independent woman that prides myself on not needing much assistance from my husband or traveling companion, this cruise, because of this cabin, was very frustrating. The rest of the ship had obstacles to the manual wheelchair-user EVERYWHERE! At each doorway, there was at least one, sometimes two, 2-3 inch high thresholds that required that I pop a wheelie to get over or risk falling out of my chair if I hit them without doing so (not being dramatic here). On top of that, I believe I only saw one automatic door way on the whole ship, when I am used to automatic doors at all entrances/exits. Continuing with my rant about lack of wheelchair accessibility, there is a really cool Rooftop terrace on this class of Celebrity ships. It is up on Deck 12, which is only accessible by a stairway and a hard to find wheelchair lift. I know about this lift as I first saw it on the Celebrity Infinity when I did a site inspection of it last June. I was excited to see it and use it to access the Rooftop terrace...but no, didn't work, no signage either. There was a worker cleaning it, I asked it I could use it, he advised it did not work. I asked when it would be fixed or worked on, he didn't know (apparently there is no intention to fix it). I saw a sign near the lift to call for assistance in using it. I called and asked when it would be fixed, they did not know either. Not cool. It did not work for the entirety of my cruise. On top of all of the physical issues I had getting around the ship, I signed up for an excursion in Cozumel, the "Wine and Chocolate tasting" excursion. The morning of, I sent my husband to the Shore Excursions desk to ask what kind of transportation was involved. If it was a bus, we were planning on taking a taxi. The Shore Excursion representative told him "that tour is completely inaccessible to wheelchair users'...disappointed, we then had to cancel the tour that we had pre-booked with our two friends. When we took the tickets back to the desk to get a refund, I spoke to the same rep, he repeated that the tour was completely inaccessible that there was 'no way we could have taken that tour'...ok fine, until our friends came back and told us there was absolutely no reason why we couldn't have taken the tour, that the vendor had ramps available and was ready, willing and able to accommodate a guest in a wheelchair...SUPER FRUSTRATING! Lastly, the rest of the ship was tired looking in decor and there were many areas in which handrails were missing, or things/fabrics were ripped... I sail a lot on many different cruise lines and had a higher impression of Celebrity prior to this cruise, I feel they need to send this ship to dry dock for updates, STAT!

C- For Wheelchair Accessibility and in Dire Need of Updates

Dbobrien’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 7141
The decor was dated and in need of updating, the wheelchair accessibility was not good...ramp blocked by bed, bed level too low, not enough maneuvering room, and in the roll-in shower, the fixed seat was on the opposite wall, several feet away from the water controls requiring assistance each time I showered...Celebrity, you can do better than this!
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins