3. Viking Sky
The destinations and shore excursions available, along with a fair price for the cruise were the main reasons we chose Viking. We would not be able to visit those islands nor Tunisia if we traveled independently. The guides were great, the food spectacular, the whole staff was so good to us. How could we not enjoy ourselves? The bonus for us was the two spectacular lecturers, Peter Mawby and Kate Williams were both enriching and entertaining. Two criticisms: the listening device to take on shore excursions was awful. So much time was wasted fiddling with them because they were off more than they were on. For the tea drinkers, please have a hot water kettle in the room so we don't have to go up to the World Cafe or order room service. Thank you very much for the high tea each afternoon. That was wonderful, especially when coming back to the ship from sightseeing. No we didn't get to explore Civitavecchia because it started raining when we got there. Both embarkation and disembarkation were flawless. Viking making flight plans from and to Kansas City with our flight home from Paris was just perfect. Our cabin was just right for two people and Gi-Gi took good care of us, stopping to visit when we were in our hall. I sure do miss the omelet man. He remembered exactly what I wanted and gave me a big smile to start my day! Also, thank you for the gifts you sent to my sister and I before the trip. We used the adapter all across France after the cruise. The wi-fi worked great while we were on the ship. We had a real good time!

My sister and I were born in Carthage MO USA and we got to see Carthage Africa!

Viking Sky Cruise Review by sherylann

sherylann’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

• City Tour
    We loved the cloisters with the ancient ceramics. Naples has grafitti everywhere, even on churches! Riding on a bus is not a good way to take photos.
    View All 64 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    The best of Palma tour with snack was fun. Beautiful port, modern clean town with many well kept up old buildings. The bus ride to the top of a mountain gave us breathtaking views of the harbor. Enjoyed going into the castle with all those Roman statues.
    View All 64 City Tour Reviews
  • Historic Carthage
    Security was very tight, from 6 boats leading us into port and out to sea after our visit. Armed guards on the pier beside the ship. Thank you for our protection. We had looked forward to visiting ancient Carthage, and we were not disappointed, We sent photos to our friends in Carthage MO USA.
    View All 7 Historic Carthage Reviews
  • North-African American Cemetery and Memorial
    The same feelings I had when visiting the American Cemeteries in Normandy and St. Avold, France. Thank you for taking us there.
    View All 2 North-African American Cemetery and Memorial Reviews
  • Sidi Bou Said Walking Tour
    I loved walking through the blue and white town, but I am uncomfortable when the guys keep hounding you to look at their stuff, buy their stuff, etc... You can't even look at their booth, or they come after you and cut you off from your group!
    View All 5 Sidi Bou Said Walking Tour Reviews
  • Valencia
    We had to leave town early because of some bad weather or storms between Valencia and Barcelona. Some people had their tours cancelled. We were on the city tour and were not affected. We found a pleasant mixture of ultra-modern and 18th century buildings and lots of fancy bridges. The gold and splendor or the cathedral just took my breath away.
    View All 290 Valencia Cruise Port Reviews