3. Viking Sea
I chose this cruise because a)I have enjoyed the Viking river cruises, b)I liked the itinerary from Barcelona to Venice, c)I liked the smaller size ship, d)I liked an adults mostly cruise. I was not disappointed. The weather in September was very pleasant 90% of the time. The ports were all interesting, with many possibilities and choices. The food was wonderful, with a large variety every day. We loved the afternoon high tea service. The included beer and wine at dinner is much appreciated. I loved the entertainment, the cruise director, all the dining venues, the spa, and the pool with the retractable roof. Our cabin was relatively spacious with a seating area. All rooms have a veranda. I love the way Viking takes care of you on arrival. It is impossible to get lost. Almost all the guides for the excursions have exceptional knowledge. Minor complaints include the fact that we had to be bussed to the ship in Tarragona instead of Barcelona, which took 90 minutes. Some of the ports require some very long walks, and queues at passport control. Finally, this was during peak season, so some of the ports were extremely crowded (Pisa, Rome, Dubrovnik, Venice).

Great itinerary, great ship, great staff, happy passengers

Viking Sea Cruise Review by arozylo1