3. Viking Star
We had sailed with Viking on two previous river cruises, and respected their reputation for a customer-focused product. We were not disappointed. We like the quality level of Viking (very high), the inclusion of at least one tour per port, the outstanding food and restaurant offerings, and the itineraries. The ship was faultless and our cabin was spacious and very comfortable. The service is impeccable. We were not subject to ANY "gotcha's" or extraneous charges for this, that, and the other thing. We felt absolutely coddled the entire cruise. The excursions were uniformly terrific. The only criticism I had for Viking was that the pre-cruise extension in Iceland (before the Baltics cruise) was not up to the luxury standard of Viking. I hope they have responded to my concerns and improved that offering. Specifically, travelers to Reykjavik arrive in the very early morning (around 6 am) after travel on Icelandair (which offers no food whatsoever). The hotel room (which leaves a lot to be desired) is not available until mid-afternoon. If they are going to offer Iceland as a pre-cruise option, they need to have a hotel room available upon arrival. There were dozens of us who were miserable for at least 36 hours--the uncomfortable flight on Icelandair and the hours waiting for our hotel in a hungry and exhausted condition. That said, I would still highly recommend Viking.

Very nicely done.

Viking Star Cruise Review by renoel

renoel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Roomy, comfortable, and impeccable.