3. Carnival Valor
We chose this cruise to fit our spring break plans. 5 days gave us time to get back home and get ready for the next school week. We have been on many cruises, including the Magic, The Ecstasy, the Triumph and now the Valor. The Valor is a nice ship for her age, except I'm not excited about all the "heads" everywhere. The cabin was great and our steward, Santiago, did a great job. The Food was way below par compared to previous Carnival cruises. I ordered many soups for my evening meals, and none seemed to have any flavor. For instance, I would expect the Asparagus Vichyssoise to have a distinct cool asparagus flavor. I could not detect asparagus! We ordered the flatiron steak the first night, realizing that this is a sub cut and would be less tender than a strip. It was tough, dry and tasteless. Did I talk to our waiter? You bet. The Lido food, again, was below par for our previous trips. But ok. We were looking forward to trying The Guy Firelli burgers. Also the cut of the meat was good, and the fries were a nice cut, it was a very greasy plate. Disappointed. I hate complaining, and am usually easy to please. But I feel these issues need to be talked about and hopefully taken seriously as you plan for the future. Don't let the quality of Carnival go down. We really enjoying cruising.

An average cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by hdenning

The cabin was great and our steward, Santiago, did a great job.

hdenning’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7326
The cabin was ok. We liked the idea of the jacuzzi tub, but it was very narrow and made for a narrow shower. Our steward was AMAZING - Santiago, way to go! He took good care of all our needs.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins