3. Carnival Conquest
Background Information: We were a party of 5 coming from the Central Texas area. We had two first time cruisers along with my mother (3rd cruise) and my son and myself (4th cruise). This was my family's second time on the Conquest. (We've had two sailings on the Ecstasy.) Hotel Info: We drove down Saturday afternoon and had reservations at the LaQuinta on the south seawall. I got a great discount using my teacher organization, so the rooms were $76 per night plus tax. The hotel was nice enough (we got what we paid for...) and they do provide a nice breakfast in the morning. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe which was fun to experience but just be prepared to wait in line for a while. Embarkation: We arrived at the port early (before they had even opened up the doors) but we couldn't wait any longer to get there. Once inside, we enjoyed the VIP lounge and check-in. This was the easiest check in I've ever been through and it will be hard to sail again without this perk. We didn't have to wait in lines or stand around waiting for our zone to be called. We were one of the first parties on board. Ship Info: Having been on the Conquest last summer, we knew what she looked like and how beautiful she is but it still took our breath away to turn that corner and see her sitting at the pier. She is a majestic sight and I just couldn't wait to run up that gangway and return to my favorite home away from home. Activities: Chris Jefferson is possibly the most talented cruise director on the seven seas. He keeps his announcements to a minimum and he's hilarious when he's on stage...whether he's giving a talk or transformed into Dolly. His staff is just as talented and they certainly added a lot to our experience. Service: As usual, the service was top notch! A little problem we had in the dining room was quickly resolved by the Maitre'd in the Monet DR and he followed up every night to make sure we were having a great night. Our stateroom stewards and waitstaff was above excellent. Port & Shore Excursions: Jamaica: We opted to spend the day at Sunset Beach. I highly recommend this. Take a taxi from the terminal (approx $10) and check in at the resort and you'll have a wonderful day. The swimming pools, slides and lazy river are wonderful and the beach is nice and clean. There's lots of covered shaded area if you want to get out of the sun. The resort employees are wonderful and very accomodating to their cruise guests. Grand Cayman: We booked the Best of Cayman tour through Carnival and loved it. The tour itself is with Webster tours and their guides are superb. The tour takes you through town, past landmarks and other famous sites. You are also taken to the Turtle Farm, Hell and the Rum Factory. The buses are air conditioned and we really learned a lot about the island. The tour lasts about 3 hours but it seems to go by really fast. Cozumel: Since we had been here 3 times before, we opted to take this day easy. A couple of us got off the boat to look for a piece of pottery for a friend of mine but we were back on board in an hour or so. Stateroom: We had two Cat 11 staterooms 7242 and 7238 which are side by side. We asked our room steward to open up the divider and we enjoyed a enormous balcony the entire week. Our rooms were wonderful. Lots of space, lots of storage and the bathroom is twice the size of a regular room...and you get a shower door rather than a curtain. Dining: All I can say is YUM!!! Children's Clubs: This was DS's 4th time in Camp Carnival and again, he spent more time there than he did with us. These workers are fabulous with the kids and there was always something fun going on. Entertainment: The Motown Singer, the illusionist and the Legends show were the BEST!! I still don't care for Point & Click or Formidable. For some reason, we missed the juggler. Disembarkation: We were given the option of using the priority debarkation and since we packed too much to do self assist, we took it. We went to the lobby and went to wait in the room we were told to wait in and at the appropriate time, a member of the entertainment staff came in, got everyone who was sitting there waiting and walked us to the gangway. There was a line of porters waiting and our luggage was out waiting for us to come claim it. The porter took us to a no-wait customs line and we were on the shuttle to the Lighthouse parking lot and in our car at 9:00am. It was just as easy to get off the ship as it was to get on...only I didn't want to get off.

The Time of Our Lives!!!

jensing317’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

quiet location, near front of ship so a little rocky, great view of ports, near forward elevators, large bathroom, lots of storage
  Carnival Conquest Deck Plans