3. Oosterdam
This ship has been refurbished and is well maintained, but overall a bit too dark for my taste. The clientel tends to be older. Entertainment is overall mediocre with 2 exceptions; B B King Jazz club and the Lincoln center. Departure was very smooth as was disembarkation. The billing dept. goes to the extreme by posting large charges to your credit card from day 1. Several pending charges to my account amounted to over $1800 and my final bill was $709 for on board charges. When I called to complain I was informed that this was the way they operate and I just had to accept. Finally the last charge posted at $713.54, $4.54 more than my final invoice; no explanation offered. We took advantage of 2 of the tours offered, one in Honduras that visited a local forest and butterfly enclosure which was interesting. One in Guatemala that went to the village of Ak-Tenamit. This tour was poorly described in the ship's brochure as moderate; it is not! First a challenging small boat ride on a very rough ocean for 30 minutes to the river then an hour on the river; then a steep climb to reach the village which we never got to enter because we were held up by several people that had mobility issues. I am sure they never thought they would have to climb this steep hill. We did get lunch, the choice was chicken or a local fish, both cooked over an open fire with local vegetables and a glass of punch made with local berries of some kind. Some people wore flip flops when hiking shoes would be more appropriate for this tour. Bathroom facilities were very crude and located up another steep climb. Amenities for suite guests on this ship are minimal to say the least. The Neptune lounge is very small for the number of suite guests and services from the concierge are limited. I have previously sailed with Holland America but this will be my last one.

Just OK

arsmes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SC 6164
We made the mistake of accepting a handicapped suite and we are not handicapped. Only one sink, not 2 as pictured, absolutely no place to put anythng as the sink vanity is very limited. This stateroom is much better suited to someone in a wheelchair. We never got the room coffee machine to work even after several complaints. The bed was very comfortable, closet storge was awkward with 2 separate areas encumbered by either a coffee table or a large door to the toilet area that also has a shower next to the toilet.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins