3. Carnival Fascination
We arrived at jacksonville A day before on the 19th Stayed at Holiday Inn Blount Island about .6mi from the pier thats good the rooms are Nice and the staff was super .The Not so much is you are basically at a place where the Wendy's next door is all the food choice you get or order pizza. The next Day they will shuttle you to the pier thats good it went smooth the embarkation process took about an hour not bad at all we were on the ship by 1:00 We are told our cabins that Adjoin will not be ready fore an hour but lunch is being served inthe coconut grill buffet till 3o'clock this is good the fare for the most part is about standard is good but nothing great. The only thing of note is they serve a theme style be it mexican or cajun etc. One one side but you have to discover that by your self for the most part. We finish the begin our deck by deck exploration the ship for the most part is very clean looks like the crew is busy at it . I notice that there is no pool for adults only the main pool area is crowed and seem to stay that way the chair hogs are in full glut. The pool situation is such that if you try to go in the pool A swimsuit and a shoe horn will be required and expect the kids to splash you. that aside the ship is inoverall good shape for its age. We then work our way around to find our cabins and the fact that the keys and the arrangments as who's in what room are out of whack so we unpack the wife decides a Drink is in order but Here sea pass says shes 9 which is of course mathmatically impossible standing next to our 15 yr old and our 9 old so they won't let her get a drink so I get her one, willing to take my chances Since we have been Married 26 ys. So it is off to guest services to corret our multiple problems ,They are very nice but it takes about 45 min to do so. Then was time for the all so important safety drill which on fascination seemed to be more involved and more convoluted then on past cruises.It finally breaks out and it's time for sail away which is done with little fan fair as I've ever seen but ok . It is now time for dinner so I we go to get ready for dinner Which we dress for by the given casual code but nice I can see that this is not the case with quite a few others .I never saw flip flops and tank tops inthe dining room before this is bad. the food was pretty good but not great except for there isa desert I recommend you try chocolate melting cake it is awsome but addictive . we then go to sign up our 9 yr old for kids carnival went fine the go around the ship some more then off to bed. The next day is a day at sea we just hang out go to the show after our formal dinner the wait staff sings they are great then we change and go to the show it was good but not great . the next day is key west .

cruzin with the kids

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

• Key West
    We arrive at key west at 9:00 our 2 hr excursion gets us back at1230 so we only have a couple hrs. to look around as 300 is the embarkation time so we left alot of reasons to returnto key west.
    View All 1,841 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We arrive At Nassau at noon and have a 1:oo excursion to black beards snorkeling adven ture and beach break Which doesn't run on time it leavers late comes back late so there is no time left to go to the srtaw market or shoping as all stores close at 5:00 so though your are in port till 10:00 at night I think it would be better arrangement of time unless you are going to the bars and restraunt. so we go to dinner at planet hollywoood as we have missed our dinner time on the ship this is just standard fare at an inflated price. we go back to the ship by 8:30 and take showers and callit a day.
    View All 5,973 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews