This 14 day cruise with 4 days pre-cruise and 3 days post cruise was amazing. We were a little inimidated with the long, long flight(20 hrs) but we survived and everything went well with connections etc. The ship, the entertainment, crew, cabin, food, service excellent. Embarkation and Disembarkation very smooth. This is the longest cruise we've done, previously did 12 days and 3 days at sea was just the right amount of time to relax as we were quite busy touring the 9 ports. We previously did 7 cruises,not all on the same cruise line, as we tend to choose the itinerary that suits us and not the cruise line. So far we have been very happy with every one. Through experience, we have found that tours taken off ship(from the port) are more affordable. As we travel with friends, it's easy for 4 people to share a cab or hire a tour guide. The only complaint I would have is the internet on the ship. I find it very expensive and very sporadic. I also liked being able to purchase wine for our cabin when in port visiting wineries, and not being charged corkage. Also, we were never pressured into purchasing drinks while sitting by the pool or in any of the lounges.

Trip of a lifetime

Noordam Cruise Review by Slimbedo

sitting by the pool or in any of the lounges.
Slimbedo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VC 6042
Our cabin, balcony was very satisfactory. I liked having a bathtub as well as a shower.
Lots of closet, drawer space. Cabin stewart very friendly and helpful. Ordered room service twice, although only coffee and orange juice, but, it was punctual and good.
Made use of the fill the laundry bag for $20, and was very happy with that.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins