3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
My husband and I chose this Cunard cruise as it afforded us the opportunity to try a voyage on a cruise liner which is world renowned. Embarkation and disembarkation went extremely smoothly. All staff polite and professional. We had a Club Balcony Cabin (oops Stateroom), but reading the other reviews probably should have aimed higher to get the "true" Cunard experience. The cabin was clean and comfortable, albeit small. We were on Deck 12 and the shuddering and vibrations at night kept us awake. Even my husband, a notoriously heavy sleeper, was woken many times. Again, maybe we should have aimed higher (or lower and booked a cabin on deck 9)?? The ship itself is stunning - beautifully fitted out and attention to detail obvious. The dining staff on Deck 2 in Britannia Club Restaurant were lovely. Very professional and polite. The food however really was not of a standard I would have anticipated on a Cruise liner touted as exceptional. No michelin star (or hatted restaurant) food on this cruise. I would describe it as edible cafeteria food, BUT served beautifully on silver service by professional staff. (Although their coffee making skills left a lot to be desired - latte or macchiato - is there really difference). We expected the entertainment and activities to be sedate and yep they were. Although the Library is brilliant, no other entertainment or activity really left us looking for more. Let's put our age in the 55-65 age bracket - that's all I'll admit to. Not dead yet, but could have handled activity with a little more joie de vivre. Would we go again?? NO, thank you.

So pleased some passengers had a great time.

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Iris Bleu

Would we go again?? NO, thank you.
Iris Bleu’s Full Rating Summary