3. Rhapsody of the Seas
We chose this cruise for the itinerary. My husband is a diver and he has always wanted to dive Belize and Cozumel. Royal Caribbean did not offer a diving excursion in Belize (Even though it is one of the top diving destinations worldwide.) He had to book it outside of the cruiseline. Getting on the ship at Tampa port was very well organized. We did not have our Sail Away documents printed out, but we were still able to board very quickly. The security and lines look very daunting, but move very quickly. I was quickly frustrated on board. it was crowded and we were hungry. There were many crew members about as we came on board, but none of them directed us until we started downstairs which was not yet allowed. We finally found our way to the Windjammer, but there was NOWHERE to sit. After wandering for several minutes, we finally found a table and took turns getting our plates. We ate quickly so as to free up the table for others. Once we were able to get to our cabin, we met our cabin steward, he was fabulous. We had dinner reservations at Chops at 6:30 and he was able to get my husbands suit pressed in plenty of time. Paulino was one highlight of our week. Chops was fantastic. We went back a second time. Our first day at sea was quite rough. Lots of people were seasick. We met our table mates and diningroom server that night. Martin was absolutely our favorite part of the trip. If I could request him on future sailings, I would. We stopped in Roatan, Honduras and Belize City with no trouble. Our excursions were as we expected and our on board experience was great. The water in Belize was rough and my husband's dive experience was not as great as he hoped...reasons to return. Our next stop should have been in Costa Maya. The captain tried, but was unable to dock. We were to have another day at sea. There wasn't much to do. We had a massage. It was fine, but not amazing. Cozumel was wonderful. Our last day at sea was quite relaxing. Saying good bye to Paulino and Martin was sad. Disembarkation was very smooth. The line at customs was very long,but if one uses a porter one uses a different line that is quite short. (Why doesn't everyone use a porter?)

Service makes the cruise

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by suzismini

Chops was fantastic. We went back a second time.

Cozumel was wonderful.

suzismini’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Our only previous cruise was on a Disney ship and this cabin was much smaller as we walked in. It was not in the best of condition considering the ship had been refreshed a few months earlier. The location was good...closer to the aft elevators, but not too far from the forward ones...and only one floor down from dinner, the Centrum, etc. We did not hear ANY noise from outside our cabin. We would have enjoyed looking out at the port side view often, but with the location of the bed, there was no comfortable was to do it. We actually considered rearranging the furniture....The head of the bed was against the window which made it difficult to sit up in bed to read and awkward to turn to look out. Our cabin steward, Paulino, was top notch! He anticipated our every need. We could not have been more pleased.
  Rhapsody of the Seas Deck Plans

• City Tour
    This tour was billed as a carriage tour. We were told just before it began that it would be half on an open-air trolley and half on a carriage. The open air trolley turned out to be a van with the top cut off and an aluminum roof added . It also was 90 mins. of the two hour tour. Our driver, Leonard, was very chatty and entertaining. He knows the schtick very well and told us many interesting facts. The tour of the cathedral was enlightening. I am not sure why we stopped at the nursery to look at plants that readily grow at home. The water bottle we received there was quite welcome and I enjoyed the sweet corn tamales. We stopped at BLT park to switch over to the horse drawn carriage. There was music here for us to enjoy. We were transferred to a new driver with the new vehicle. I don't recall his name, but he was delightful as well. We stopped at the old prison which is now a museum. I enjoy that sort of thing. There was a gift shop there as well. From there we went back to the port to tender back to the ship. It was a nice tour, just not really what i was expecting. Bring lots of small bills...you will need to tip both drivers, the musicians, and I made a donation at the cathedral.
    View All 81 City Tour Reviews
  • Scuba Diving
    I took a taxi to the airport and then a flight on Maya Air to San Pedro then walked 200 meters to the dive shop. The excursion was scheduled to begin at 8:30, but because I was the only diver they had me wait until the snorkelers arrived at 9:30. We went out on the boat but the water was too rough to go out beyond the reef. I was only able to do one dive (there should have been two) and only to about 6 meters deep. Its difficult to fault the shop as none of the other boats were going out beyond the reef either. It was a disappointing excursion, but I guess it was really due to the conditions, not the shop. I had lunch at the place right next to the dive shop. The special of the day was fried fish fingers and fries with a very tasty cocktail sauce.
    View All 14 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Kayaking
    Clear Kayak and snorkel excursion at Playa Uvas. Pedro met us at the port and got waivers signed. He did a fabulous job explaining what the day would entail. He arranged taxis for all of us and we took the short ride to the beach. Once there, we got settled putting our things in lockers and then met at the waters edge. Pedro and Angel were very explicit in giving directions. This made me very at ease. The kayaks are really more like two person canoes, and they are totally clear. Pedro and Angel showed us where to find coral and gave us lots of information about the area. The curved bottom of the kayak created a distortion that made me a bit queasy, so I did not do the snorkeling. I had hoped to relax on the beach while the rest of the group went in, but every couple of minutes someone would come by my chair to try to sell something. Not very relaxing! When the group came back up, we each traded in our stickers for a drink and a plate of fruit. The fruit was very pretty, but warm and not appetizing. Some people ordered food. I sampled some guacamole that some friends ordered and it was very good, a large serving.
    At the end of the excursion, Pedro thanked us all for coming and invited us to stay at his house should we ever decide to return. He arranged for the taxis to return us to the port.
  • Scuba
    Phenomenal! Drift diving is so relaxing. Fresh fruit and bottled water for us. Great dive masters. Took care of us, told us about what we would see. Looking back, I would probably dive with a cheaper outfit though. The location is really the star.
  • Beach
    Las Palmas Beach Excursion-Loved it. Bring sunscreen and bug spray. I did not feel the bugs bite, but the bites are really itchy after a couple of days! I had the shrimp salad at The Texas Mule. It was beautiful and very tasty. The service here was very good. The perfect balance between being attentive and allowing me to relax. I was solo on this excursion while my husband was diving. I was concerned that I might not feel safe, but that was never a concern. I was able to return to the ship at my leisure. A great relaxing and inexpensive excursion.
  • Scuba Diving
    Two tank Boat Dive- We had a wee bit of a delay getting started because we were waiting for two more people that had decided not to come due to seasickness. Great dive. Boat had a large cooler of water for drinking, but otherwise no food or drink was provided. Guides were great. Diving was fantastic. Saw a sea turtle, a large and colorful eel, and lots of coral and reef fish.
    View All 38 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Tampa
    Boarding the ship was very easy.
    View All 573 Tampa Cruise Port Reviews