3. Costa Mediterranea
It seemed good value for money but it cost us more in the long run. Customer care was poor. Small complaints were handled badly & then became Big complaints. I have discovered that while using the internet on my smart phone for very short times on or near the ship has coast £112 in roaming charges as the calls were through Norway! How would any one know this or is it just another ruse to get customers to sign up to their daily charges. the lack of information to non Italian speaking guests was significant. We were often waiting to hear the message in English but it didn't happen. Even the message to go to the theatre for disembarkation instructions was incoherent. I heard the words "instruction" & "disembarkation" & had to go to the unhelpful staff at the Reception desk to discover the whole message I would not recommend Costa. There are other lines providing the same cruise locations with much better staff & food at equally competitive prices. We did not like the compulsory charge for tips. A tip is given for good service something which we didn't have. Shame on Costa. Best part of the holiday was getting off the ship & enjoying the different locations.

Customer care sadly lacking and HIDDEN COSTS

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review by MargaretRichmond

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Classic
It seemed good value for money but it cost us more in the long run.

MargaretRichmond’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Mediterranea price drops

Outside Classic
Cabin EC 1148
Cabin was spacious & had ample storage. The bed was comfortable although I felt the sheets could have been changed more frequently. I would not recommend this cabin as it was subject to a noisy disco. I requested a change of cabin but was only offered this on the penultimate day of our cruise. Too late to be bothered. Recommend ear plugs!!!
Teseo Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins