3. River Queen
We were fortunate to find this particular cruise through a special on "Black Friday." We only knew that we wanted to try a river cruise, and are delighted this was the one. We had lived for a summer in Germany many years ago and found joy to be in Germany again. Our stateroom was always clean and we found it very comfortable. Since you spend little time in the stateroom it was adequate despite being on the small side with a small, but well arranged bathroom. Our cabin steward took care of everything. This was one place where having gratuities take care of came in handy. My luggage was lost and the people who met us in Basel worked to find it. After we were on the ship I was reassured by our Cruise Director and he worked hard, calling around until the bag arrived. The public areas of the ship were lovely and very comfortable. It was a joy to sit in the lounge with an excellent cocktail and a few munchies to settle from the busy days. If we sat on the upper deck while cruising, staff kept up with drink orders so well. Excursions were well planned and very interesting. My husband is a historian and was glad to find they were accurate. Gentle walking tours made it possible for me to go. Arthritis makes me slow, but I can keep going. I was exhausted after one excursion when there was no slow walker tour. All the leaders had excellent English and were interesting, but one this one day I was made to feel that I was causing a problem. Others on the trip were irritated for me. I had to miss one excursion because there was no Slow Walker on an exceedingly hot day. Everyone that went said they were glad I did not go because of the speed of the tour. I complained and there were slow walker groups for all other tours. Lectures on board were interesting and useful. Brexit had recently happen and our cruise director's explanation helped me understand it so much better. I really do not have an adequate vocabulary to praise the food. Local and excellent with wonderful service meals gave us many happy memories to take away. Servers were very patient and explained things well. Soups were particularly good on the whole trip and we often asked for both soups. We would start with a small amount of both wines, then settle on one. No raised eyebrows, at least in our presence. :-) A mechanical malfunction was serviced as soon as they could, with good communication with us. This showed us how the crew was indeed a family and could work together. On the hot upper deck they rushed around moving us to shade, seeing we kept hydrated and providing whatever we wanted to drink. The whole crew worked to make us comfortable for an excellent dinner on deck. A stipend was given to people who wanted to dine in the town nearby. All in all it was an incredible trip. No other words need be said, other than we could not wait to plan another cruise. Will never stray from Uniworld, they spoiled us so thoroughly.

Found the excellent crew a great asset of Uniworld Cruises!

River Queen Cruise Review by frankiem

frankiem’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Queen price drops

Our cabin was comfortable, wonderful beds and pillows. Our cabin steward was on top of things all the time and everything was done to keep us comfortable. The window just at the water line was interesting, but on this cruise we are booked higher in the ship.
Storage space was minimal but I worked out a system.
  River Queen Deck Plans