3. Norwegian Getaway
This was a friend's 60th birthday celebration so I did not actually choose this cruise but I have been on many NCL cruises so I thought it would be a good trip. There were 7 of us in the group and we had a good time together celebrating our friend's birthday. The ship itself is beautiful, clean and extremely big. There are still places on this ship that I did not get a chance to see and probably will not ever see. We never ate in the actual dining rooms because our first night we ate in the Garden Cafe and enjoyed that we really did not have to wait in line and it was self serve so we did not have to wait an hour for just our drinks.(we heard this actual happened to a group) The Garden Cafe seemed to have everything the dining rooms had so we just ate there every night.(Prime rib and lamb chops were excellent!) I had tried Cagney, Teppanyaki and Moderno on a pass cruises so I wasn't pressed about going again and my group didn't feel the need to spend the extra money. Pool area is way too small for a ship this size. For such a large ship, their space are broken up into spaces that are too small for the number of people they have on the ship. There is never anywhere to sit and just enjoy the entertainment by the pool, if you are not in the pool. We just avoided this area all together because it was just not a relaxing space. We saw a lot of our entertainment in the Atrium. One or two of the bands played there every night and most of the games were done there also. The bands were excellent and I enjoyed the music they played. Service was good. I saw my cabin steward most mornings and he always spoke and called me by name. Our ports were Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. The only port I didn't really enjoy was Belize because this one is their private island and everything cost extra and was expensive. Embarkation and disembarkation is horrible. I have been cruising for over 20 years and this was the worse embarkation and disembarkation process I have been through. Embarkation was slow and the area was hot. Disembarkation was a mess. It really did not seem as if they knew what they were doing. It took way longer to get off this ship than any other ship I have ever been on and it was not because it was a large ship. As I stated before, I have been on the Epic and had no problem with their process. I will give them that they said they had new procedures that they had to enforce but it should have been better thought out. People were cutting line and the one person who was trying to direct everyone at the elevators could not do and see it all. They had the line going through the area were the elevators were...this just caused congestion and people just forcing their way into the line and not going to the end of the line.

Not sure if I will ever go back on the Getaway...will definitely go back to NCL.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by love2cruise1213

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

love2cruise1213’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 11527
The cabin was extremely nice for a solo room. The shower seemed a little bigger and it seemed like I had more floor space in this studio room than I did on the Epic, which I have stayed in twice. This is an adjoining cabin but I did not have any problem with noise from neighbors and there was never any hallway noise. It was a quiet, peaceful place to sleep.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins