3. Volendam
My husband and I decided to spend our birthdays cruising South East Asia on board the Volendam. We decided to take this cruise late in the year and there were not that many room options available for us. We decided on the room 3381 and the first few days went ok but then it started to leak water from the upstairs kitchen. Once we called the front office, the staff were very gracious and helpful moving us to another room and then to a nicer balcony few days after they realized we were celebrating our birthdays. This made all the difference in the world for us. It was a very thoughtful gesture we are very grateful for. They made sure we were enjoying the cruise and checked with us regularly. Special thanks to Iva Kreuzmannova who sent us flowers, champagne, voucher for dinner at Canaletto after issue with the water leak in our room in the middle of the night and realizing we were there to celebrate our birthdays. It was a very thoughtful and generous gift to compensate for our aggravation-Thanks again. The food was great in all venues. We ate in all food venues and enjoyed each one of them without any complaints. The food was superb in Canaletto and Pinnacle grill as well as the Rotterdam and Lido. I was very impressed with the food quality and presentation every single night. I did not have a bad meal there. Staff is very friendly and eager to serve. Our stewards on room 3381 and 4224 were amazing and caring. I had such a great time in this cruise that I would repeat this cruise in a heartbeat. I am currently looking into China and Japan cruise as well as Australia/ New Zealand cruise for next year. Thank You Holland America for making our Birthdays so special!

Great cruise, amazing staff and great itinerary!!

Volendam Cruise Review by vazquezmar2004

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah

Thank You Holland America for making our Birthdays so special!
vazquezmar2004’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin A 4224
Great suite. Vey spacious. Location is great. We didn't have any issues with the room whatsoever.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins