• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

GLENCOVE1
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Balcony

We flew all the way from New York for this cruise, which was supposed to take us from Singapore to Hong Kong, via numerous stops in Thailand and Vietnam. Instead, the ship lost an azipod as we were pulling out of Singapore. (For all we know, the azipod may have been on the blink before we boarded!!) We spent three days in the harbor within sight of Singapore. Then the ship finally continued at a snail pace and lost its berthing reservations at all the major stops. We stopped at Hue, Vietnam -- not scheduled and not a stop I would have chosen. Then Sanya China. That was it. We were onboard all that time with irate, disappointed passengers who had spent a fortune to get to the ship for this "cruise of a lifetime." Not one apology from the Captain.

The crew member who maintained my cabin did a fine job. The bartenders at Gatsby's were lovely and attentive, especially given the circumstances. But the cruise ... this ship has had mechanical problems for a long time. A cruise after we left actually got stuck with NO ENGINES AT ALL off the coast of Australia.

Balcony

The cabin itself was comfortable, especially since I reserved a cabin for two for one person. I don't fault the cabin. I fault NCL for sending out this ship when it should have been in dry dock.

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $419